Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.13

Mini expansion that adds spheres and other concepts to the game

1. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.13

isau
    This version updates the mod for the latest New Frontier Pass civilizations and fixes some bugs.

UPDATES
    • Added a Sphere for Byzantine, Gaul, Vietnam, and Portugal

BUG FIXES
    • All civs should be able to select Governors (due to addition of newly added civs to their respective spheres)
    • Removed the Friendship Gift provided by the Maya. This gift was causing a crash to desktop if the mod was used by a player who did not own the Maya expansion...
  2. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.12

isau
    This is the first attempt to balance the mod for the Expedition Pass content.

Philosophical Changes
    This mod began 4 years ago as a way to correct issues with the core game. Thus, there were many 'extras' built in that seem clunky now. I am in the process of removing those where necessary, in particular, leaders with fussy changes to their abilities.

Changes to Civs
    • Removed all changes this mod made to the following civs:
      • Arabia
      • Malaysia
      • India...
  3. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.11

isau
    This patch fixes some minor compatibility issues with the Menelik/Secret Societies patch.

• Fixed a bug that caused duplicates of Secret Society governors to be created in games featuring Secret Societies
    • Added Menelik to Sub Saharan Africa
    • Fixed Alt Cathy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
    • Fixed Alt Teddy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
    • In MyOptions, lowered defaults for securing a Golden Age back to their...
  4. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.11

isau
    This patch fixes some minor compatibility issues with the Menelik/Secret Societies patch.

• Fixed a bug that caused duplicates of Secret Society governors to be created in games featuring Secret Societies
    • Added Menelik to Sub Saharan Africa
    • Fixed Alt Cathy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
    • Fixed Alt Teddy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
    • In MyOptions, lowered defaults for securing a Golden Age back to their...
  5. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.10

isau
    The following updates have been made:
    • All changes made to Policies in previous versions have been removed

Updates to Spheres
    • Asian Pacific
      • Removed the Pacific Harbor district from the game
    • Mainland Asia
      • Removed flag that prevented building Industrial Zones
      • Removed ability to build mines on flat land
      • Removed ability that provided 12 tiles on using a great person in the early game eras
      • New malus: Siege units have -1 Range...
  6. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.9

isau
    Minor changes to make the mod compatible with latest changes.

• Fixed a crash to main menu caused by a change Firaxis made to policies
    • Added Gran Colombia to the New World sphere
    • Added Maya to the Native American sphere

For now both Colombia and Maya have generic friendship bonuses (+1 trade route) rather than a custom bonus like other civs have.
  7. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.7

isau
    No major changes in this release. This version simply removes the Alpha tag of 8.0.6 which still appears to be functioning smoothly.
    MAXXXIM likes this.
  8. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.6 ALPHA

isau
    This version fixes a crash to main menu when the mod is played with the Summer 2019 patch. In order to accomplish this (for now) the Beliefs edits made by this mod are removed (for now).

Features
    • Temporarily removes the modifications to Beliefs made by this mod in order to prevent crashes to desktop when played with the Summer 2019 patch
  9. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.5 ALPHA

isau
    This update is fairly small, altho the code was painstaking. Most of the credit goes to @LeeS for supplying much of the Lua code needed to make things work.

Changes to Spheres/Biomes
    • Sub-Saharan Africa
      • There is a chance per turn for Rainforests to grow within 3 tiles of each of your cities
      • Background:
        • There is (currently)a 5% chance per turn per city for the growth to happen
        • The growth can happen on tiles you do not own (so...
  10. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.4

isau
    There's not a lot of change in this update, except to people who use downloaded civs a lot.

CHANGES TO MOD STRUCTURE
    • Added 2 new "Scratchpad" files
      • MyScratchpad_Config allows you to add configuration items to the Character select screen
      • MyScratchpad_Text allows you to add or modify text strings in the Text database
    Both of these Scratchpad files come with examples. This has been added so that players can manually add their own text to the mod, and...
  11. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.3 ALPHA

isau
    Some minor bug fixes and changes to spheres. It felt like this took days of work for (mostly)minor changes just due to how many things I tried that didn't work out like I hoped.

Sphere Changes
    • New World
      • Now receives a free WMD in every city in the Atomic era
        • Too much? This comes super late so I'm not sure if its even a major factor. May need to tone down which locations get the effect. In any case, it should be capped by the max WMD silo size.
  12. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.2 ALPHA

isau
    This is mostly a bug fix release with a few small features.

Changes to Spheres
    • The Western Europe sphere now receives Gold when they make a kill based on the number of unique Luxuries they have improved in their lands.
      • I added this because I found this sphere boring to play.
      • If you have a lot of Luxuries this can take a lot of time to process all the notifications. You should be able to continue your turn without waiting for them to complete. However,...
  13. Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.1 ALPHA

isau
    This update contains some changes to overall implementation and the addition of two new Governors.

The only sad thing is that despite hours (and hours and hours) of trying I could not find a way to bring new Governor art into the game. I know that it is possible, because I have seen an example of a mod where it is done, but I have very little experience with art assets. So for now, you new governors reuse existing game art.

New Governors
    • The Mariner
      • Has...