Sengoku-mod is a historical mod that includes an unhealthy number of players & clans and features like armies, leader succession, dynamic vassals, historical events and more.
Latest version is 1.0, released on 7-Aug-2013.
If you cannot run the Windows installer, you can download the 7zip version and install it manually to your Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. Note: for manual installation, uninstall or delete previous versions of the mod first!
- A mod with 2 Scenarios, 56 Players and 70 Clans; play in feudal Japan as one of the great clans such as the Oda or Tokugawa, or as a small one such as the Chiba or Omura
- 200+ historical daimyo (clan leaders), leader units, dynastic succession
- 800+ historical warlords (generals) with their own XP & Promotions to lead multi-unit armies
- Vassals & fiefs: grant captured towns to your vassals, turn your generals into vassals or create new vassals from subjugated provinces
- Improved diplomacy: Trade agreements, Military access, Alliances, Hostage agreements, Diplomats, Fame and Honor
- Improved espionage: Universal Espionage, SuperSpies modcomp, Assassinations of Leaders, Warlords & other characters, Tarnish Reputation, Sabotage Units
- Appropriate soundtrack, sound effects for buildings, units, diplomacy etc.
- Speed: despite the large map with 56 players, the mod is fast and efficient (no MAFs)
- Other features such as Fame, Honor, Legitimacy, warlords for hire, historical and random events
- when you start the game, it may take 2-3 minutes to load due to the number of players & units; turn times and save/load times are fine, however
For more information, credits and mod discussion see the mod's thread: