Unit Fuel Mod
By: Grey Fox
Version: 1.1 - Last Updated 04/08/2008
Patch Compatibility: BTS v3.13
NOTICE: This mod is not intended as a standalone mod, but as a system for other mods to incorporate into theirs and to further modify it to their wishes. But example changes have been made and a new building have been added, so it can be played as a mod. I will hopefully add more features to this mod in the future, but as I do not have an internet connection at home, the updates can be sporadic.
What Is the Unit Fuel Mod?This mod adds the attribute iFuel to units. If you set the attribute to above 0 the unit will require fuel to move and operate. If a land unit runs out of fuel it can't move. If a sea unit runs out of fuel it will sink. I chose not to add any fuel value for Air units in this example mod, since they are always situated in a location where they would be refueled."Terms" of Use:
But if you want to use the Global Fuel part of this mod giving Air units fuel might be a good idea.
(Currently only Gunships require fuel).
This mod consists of two parts. The Unit Fuel attribute, and the Global Fuel attribute which is a Player attribute and just like Gold tells you how much money you have. The player's Fuel determines how much fuel your units have access to.
Example with Global Fuel activated:
- if your civilization has 60 Fuel and a fuel income of 100 per turn, you can't build a destroyer which requires 300 Fuel
- if a tank that has been out in the field comes to a city to refuel and you have a total of 1400 Fuel, and your Tank has 35 Fuel, the next turn (you need to rest the unit in the city one turn to refuel) your total fuel will be 1365 (+any fuel income).
New Global Defines have been added to enable/disable the two systems:
- FUEL_SYSTEM_ACTIVE to enable or disable the entire mod
- GLOBAL_FUEL_SYSTEM_ACTIVE to enable or disable the Global Fuel system
There are also Global Defines to control fuel spending.
Fuel income is now determined in the Civ4BonusInfos.xml, this means that multiple types of bonuses can now give fuel.
On the main interface, next to the Gold display, you can see how much fuel your civilization has atm. As well as your fuel income per turn.
XML (All New Tags Are Optional)
SDK (following methods exposed to python)
All I ask if you do use this mod, is the following:Credits and Thanks• Give credit where credit is due (to the author).
• Let me know personally of any major enhancements you may give to this mod (I promise to give you credit if I use it/them in future versions!)Programmed by GreyFox
Includes graphics made by Sevo.
Spoiler Changelog :
Unit Fuel Mod 2016-10-05
Unit Fuel Mod