PolyCast Episode 208: "Some Flexibility Required"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Ready assembly. The two-hundred-and-eighth episode of PolyCast, "Some Flexibility Required", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with first-time guest co-host Kyle "TheGrumpyBuddha". Carrying a runtime of 59m59s, the summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m56s | Open Mic
Responding to an email about Civilization: Beyond Earth as it compares to Civilization V (recorded for Episode 204).
- 03m41s | News
Coverage of CivBE a plenty at Gamescom 2014 receives a mixed reception within the Civ community is followed by take aways from first livestream for the game from developer Firaxis Games (11m27s) while members of its team respond to an inquiry as to why the game's maps don't look particularly alien (22m43s).
- 26m52s | Senate
Investigating the changes to all the uniques of Civilization V France brought about by its second expansion, Brave New World.
- 43m32s | Miscellaneous
Behind the curtains of Firaxis Games on its people, philosophy and practices (recorded for Episode 207) and how to keep CivV interesting in lead-up to the pending release of Civilization: Beyond Earth (49m02s; recorded for Episode 207).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Bringing one's own audio clips, false advertising, denial from a release and trying to satisfy all while satisfying none.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Listening this very moment
:)

love the podcast folks!
Thank you for the kind words and for being a listener. :king: Out of curiosity, how long have you been doing so? Did you first find the show through CFC?

Hope you enjoy the listen to this latest PolyCast production and I welcome the opportunity to interact with its audience as always.

:)

Thank you for the kind words and for being a listener. :king: Out of curiosity, how long have you been doing so? Did you first find the show through CFC?

Hope you enjoy the listen to this latest PolyCast production and I welcome the opportunity to interact with its audience as always.

I have been following PolyCast for around a year after hearing about it on Beyond The Monument. I stumbled across BTM when I was grumbling online somewhere about how I get Early DoWs from mean old AI's :) MadDjinn did an excellent job showing me that I was provoking the AI more than I realized and whining a bit too often and too loudly :)

Nice podcast, I've been searching for some nice podcasts to listen too anyway and I'll check Turncast out too (I love Civ multiplayer. Good stuff, I'll definitely turn in again next time, I'm really curious what you guys will say about the factions and the other opening options from the Seeding.

I have to say that doing this was a blast, and am glad I got the invite.

Though my suggestion that "It's not Alien Enough!" naysayers make a BE mod with pink oceans and Teletubbies as aliens seems to have been cut ... :)

I take it back ... just got to the end :)

Though my suggestion that "It's not Alien Enough!" naysayers make a BE mod with pink oceans and Teletubbies as aliens seems to have been cut ... :)

I take it back ... just got to the end :)

Haven't finished listening all the way through but they should get you back on there, I thought you were pretty good.

I have been following PolyCast for around a year after hearing about it on Beyond The Monument.
Ah. :) As you may or may not have come across, I was the original co-host for BTM and have returned to it as a guest a couple of times since.

Nice podcast, I've been searching for some nice podcasts to listen to
Thank you kindly, new listener. :)

I'll check Turncast out too (I love Civ multiplayer.[)]
Excellent... I look forward to engaging in dialogue about it in the near future as well!

Good stuff, I'll definitely turn in again next time, I'm really curious what you guys will say about the factions and the other opening options from the Seeding.
Getting someone to listen to the show for the first time is a good step -- retaining someone as a listener for a second time is even better. :cool:
Haven't finished listening all the way through but they should get you back on there, I thought you were pretty good.
You are welcome for the invitation, Kyle, and thank you for accepting it. In addition to the number of guest co-hosts that appear on PolyCast, the number that agree and are also then able to make return appearances is a primary focus in the show's planning.

I recall, your voice was qui[te] echoed at times :)
:lol:, watch you did indeed! The "booming voice of God", as someone(s) referred to me as I recall... all courtesy of MD's audio setup which he corrected as of the first episode I was no longer a regular co-host on. (There was an audio issue with me when PolyCast went to the live format initially as well.)

While you're waiting for our next episode, I hope you'll find one or more items to your liking in our show archive from our ongoing season and/or seasons past. PolyCast is not a podcast that has its earlier episodes removed as time goes by, a practice I am proud to have it follow.

I enjoyed this episode. I liked hearing everyone's thoughts on Civ BE.
:king: -- thank you kindly, Aaron.

Out of curiosity how long have you been listening to PolyCast, and did you first come across it here on CFC or..?

Really enjoyed listening this episode while working. Earned me some strange look from my co-workers when I laughed out loud.

Really enjoyed listening this episode while working. Earned me some strange look from my co-workers when I laughed out loud.
:goodjob:

As with Aaron, out of curiosity how long have you been listening to PolyCast and did you first come across it here on CFC or..?

:goodjob:

As with Aaron, out of curiosity how long have you been listening to PolyCast and did you first come across it here on CFC or..?

Been a civfanatics since Civ3 came out and generally lurking the forum. I knew about PolyCast on CFC but didn't pick up on it until Beyond Earth had been announced, just to listen for the latest info. :D

Been a civfanatics since Civ3 came out and generally lurking the forum. I knew about PolyCast on CFC but didn't pick up on it until Beyond Earth had been announced, just to listen for the latest info. :D
Welcome then, new listener. :) Like I noted to DO above, our full episode archive is at your disposal should you wish to peruse our 'back catalog' (gosh, is it just me or does that make PolyCast sound commercial? ;)).

As it happens, last evening I decided to ascertain how many hours of PC content alone are available for listening at present... and that number now exceeds 200! I wonder if I can get it into syndication somewhere, somehow... :mischief:

I started listening with Episode 205, and I discovered PolyCast through CivFanatics.

I started listening with Episode 205, and I discovered PolyCast through CivFanatics.
Another new listener! I always enjoy learning that PolyCast's audience is growing and through what means it came to grow.

Have I mentioned our episode archive yet? :D

Top Bottom