PolyCast Episode 262: "Variety of Threads"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Consideration on many levels. The two-hundred-and-sixty-first episode of PolyCast, "Variety of Threads", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest co-host Christopher "blauerfackel" Ryder. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m35s | News
In Civilization VI, what to expect from France and what is brought by Brazil (07m54s) is followed by the first livestream of the game by developer Firaxis Games (19m08s).
- 52m06s | Forum Talk
A blog post by CivVI publisher 2K Games does not contain any new game information, but how it is presented prompts some written comments and panel reaction.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Off fence, unwanted honour and being contrary.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

In regards to the religious lens, I feel that the only way to make it even better is to show pressure/influence on every tile, because if the system is the same, it'd be cool to see just how strong each religion is in each area of the map (and have EU-esque overlay name of each religion as well :mischief: ), that way you would know that if you settle here, you're going to struggle with keeping your religion in that city and so on.

Unless... they changed that system on how a religion spreads.

An enjoyable listen as always. I like the combination of zany humour and perceptive analysis, which seems the right tone for discussion of Civ games.

In regards to the religious lens, I feel that the only way to make it even better is to show pressure/influence on every tile, because if the system is the same, it'd be cool to see just how strong each religion is in each area of the map (and have EU-esque overlay name of each religion as well :mischief: ), that way you would know that if you settle here, you're going to struggle with keeping your religion in that city and so on.

Unless... they changed that system on how a religion spreads.
Make sense. I've been focusing more on the Settlement lens (as one can probably gleam from the episode, hehehehe).

An enjoyable listen as always. I like the combination of zany humour and perceptive analysis, which seems the right tone for discussion of Civ games.
Thank you kindly. We're indeed here to entertain and inform. :king:

59:02 long instead of 59:59? I feel so unfulfilled! :lol:
My apologies. :o Upon reading your message and reviewing the episode, I realized that part of the intended blooper reel was omitted. This has been corrected; the episode has been re-compiled and re-uploaded to the PolyCast website.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Now you can be fulfilled. :D

But I liked the episode the way it was! You've destroyed EVERYTHING now.

Spoiler :
Just kidding, haven't even gotten around listening to it yet.

My apologies. :o Upon reading your message and reviewing the episode, I realized that part of the intended blooper reel was omitted. This has been corrected; the episode has been re-compiled and re-uploaded to the PolyCast website.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Now you can be fulfilled. :D

Ahh! I have been sufficiently blooped for the fortnight!

Top Bottom