UNIT REQUEST: Jacobite (Musketman)

Pangur Bán

Deconstructed
We desparately need a Highland Warrior for a Scottish UU. I don't mean the highland swordsman of Braveheart and the like (already made), but the musketmen of the late 17th and early 18th century famous for the "Highland Charge", a tactic only ever defeated once, at the Battle of Culloden Moor (1746), the last ever land battle on British soil.

The origins of the tactic probably come in the 30 YEars War, where between 30, 000 and 60, 000 Scottish mercenaries fought for either Sweden, France or the Empire; it evolved during the English Civil War and the run-of-the-mill Scottish clan wars thereafter, and came to full fruition in the two Jacobite rebellions of 1715 and 1745, where they enjoyed more than half a dozen victories over the British army before a singular defeat recked the cause.

The tactic was a round of musket fire, followed abrubtly by a barbarian style infantry charge. The UU would prolly replace the musketman, higher offence/lesser defence, with 2 moves (instead of one) and a blitz function.

I stuck this in the Unit Request too, but I'm giving it it's own thread to increase the chances that someone will make it. :)

Bonnie Scotland! We need more Scottish units, for sure.

Yeas, it comes from "Jacobus", the LAtin name for James, the usual name for the Stewart kings of Scotland!

Originally posted by Rufus T.Firefly
I think that some like this was a cossack unit conversion by Steph.

Yeah...I found this one. Unfortunately, this unit has English colors, and comes from the period after 1746. There is also a Scots guardsman unit out there.

But it's no where near what we're looking for I'm afraid :(

If the makers of Cossacks had included the Scots in the game, then Steph would prolly have had the opportunity to convert one. Sadly, they didn't do this (the main reason I didn't buy any of the XPs BTW).

This unit would be the coolest ever....
Kinboats man-at-arms/swashbuckler is what I use in this role for now but a unit that looked anywhere near as cool as the second picture down would be out of this world.
Maybee if you asked Kinboat really nicely....

I'm positive there are at least two units out already similar to this,
one's already been mentioned - the other is the Man-at-Arms,
released some time at the end of last year, don't recall by whom.

I use it for the Celts ::shrug::

Here is a picture of me sitting in my cave patiently waiting for someone to make this unit so we can free ourselves of tyranny.
A musket shot followed by a sword attack would be nice.

Oh and Hello everyone:smoke:

Attachments

• robroy.jpeg
    robroy.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 222
Originally posted by calgacus
We desparately need a Highland Warrior for a Scottish UU.

I'd really love this unit as well, though the stockings remind me of those socks Aunts tend to buy me at Christmas :p .

We could do with more units from Scotland in particular, but England as well (English Civil War era).

Top Bottom