1.02(182685) bug?

David Young

Chieftain
Have been playing my first Gathering Storm. Got to a certain point and every save thereafter was corrupted (multiple saves). Went back to a good save - ie it loaded ok - and played 2 turns and got corrupt save. Happened with multiple good saves at different starting turns. Seemed to me that every save after a certain point in time (real time) was corrupted. Deleted the game, downloaded game + gathering storm again. Saved games were still there and same saved games were corrupt as before. Tried as above - loading good save and going from there - no difference. I had been playing to learn gs and try for my first religious victory and I had tried multiple avenues until I found a particularly good strategy. Hence I had RE-tried from multiple start points ending up with quite a few save files but certainly not near limit. Then noticed a ton of autosave files from these multiple starts. tried deleting these and hey presto it seems to be working - repeated above methodology and appears to be working now. I got no warning (have had warning b4 on normal save files) and save files either errored to blue report screen or gave warning about incompatibility and suggested deleting mods - don't have any since on ps4. I would hazard a guess that autosaves are causing limit of number of save files to be reached but not giving any report saying that number has been reached. Allows you to save (think you are saving) but save file is corrupt. Please confirm whether this is correct. I have backup of save files prior to re-downloading program files but it is 104 Mb so don't want to email unless necessary.

Thankyou in frustration...

Top Bottom