1 GB update (Music files)

Carazycool

Warlord
Did anyone else get a 1 GB update for Civ VI on steam just now? Any ideas what it is?

I haven't seen anything yet.

Edit

It looks like its related to the Deluxe edition soundtrack according to folks on the steam forum. I didn't get the deluxe edition

The only differences I find are changes to the DLC, regarding OST and Anniversary Soundtrack.

I just got one as well....Looks like it shipped with the OST in the 25th anniversary edition folder, and they corrected that.......and added the actual 25th anniversary edition.......all in ogg though

Last edited:
After this patch I suddenly cannot load a game I was playing yesterday.

It gets to Sean Bean doing the opening Narration, and everytime it gets to "upright steps" the game just crashes.

I tried my explicit save and several Autosaves.

Anyone else had any similar problems?

They added the 25th Anniversary soundtrack and corrected the original Civ6 soundtrack album art (which was using the 25th Anniversary art). Also, everything is in OGG now instead of MP3.

After this patch I suddenly cannot load a game I was playing yesterday.

It gets to Sean Bean doing the opening Narration, and everytime it gets to "upright steps" the game just crashes.

I tried my explicit save and several Autosaves.

Anyone else had any similar problems?

Microsoft updated windows defender and is causing problems with the game add exemption to the steam folders.

Microsoft updated windows defender and is causing problems with the game add exemption to the steam folders.

They updated Defender even though I have all automatic updates turned off? In the last 24 hours, during which I have not restarted my PC?

Now I've tried that and put the whole Steam folder in the exceptions for defender and it is still happening.

EDIT: Now I've turned Defender off altogether and it is still happening.

Last edited:
They updated Defender even though I have all automatic updates turned off? In the last 24 hours, during which I have not restarted my PC?

I updated and now it gets stuck on the Loading Please wait screen. Indefinitely. Have to end process :(

Add an exempt to the steam folder. Turning it off won't do any good. Windows defender is updates separately than windows updates.

The update does nothing to the game itself only soundtrack files.

Thanks for the attempted help.. but it seems completely borked for me somehow.

I've turned Defender back on, added an Exemption for the Steam Folder, the steam/steamapps/common folder and the steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI folder.

Tried to run then, still crashes in the same spot.

Rebooted, same thing.

Tried to verify Steam Game Cache, same thing.

Deleted game, re-installed fresh, same thing.

Tried creating a new game, same thing.

I'm officially at my wit's end. Everything was perfect yesterday, not a single crash or issue, since Friday at midnight, now I can't do anything.

Top Bottom