1-hour limit to instructnions (with an example)

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Ok, since this sort of started in the other thread, here's an example of why I don't like that limit.

During the turnchat, Furiey razed a few cities that interfered with my war plan. To say, "Attack from here" in the turnchat would technically be a violation. What if I had said, "Place bombers in city X", and fur razed city X before getting to that instruction?

But, it's things like that, that I *can't* forsee. Why did it happen? Because furiey thought domination was at 60%. "Stop the turnchat" you say? Why? Just so one little thing can be straightened out? On turn 1 or 2? That's not what I want to see happen.

Another issue - what if Rik had an instruction like, "build workers into cities that we capture, but I'll tell you which ones"? We might not know what cities we're going to capture. Maybe one city is really well defended. Maybe another civ might be at war with the same civ, and capture the cities we wanted to put workers in.

I dont see how any of the examples you mention are in conflict with the current rule of actually posting instructions prior to the turnchat. Now if you wanted to allow some instructions to happen if gameplay changed the possible completion of the instructions someone has posted - that is a bit different if you ask me. On that issue I clearly agree with you, but when it comes to having a limitation for instructions - I strongly believe that this is an important rule - see my post in the rule discussion you started.

Regards

Paalikles - former deputy moron and on and off in the demogame

edit:
on a side note - you know your bit of programming, so why dont you just post instructions using if-then-else commands :p

Top Bottom