1400 AD on GEM

Traiano

Warlord
The first version of this scenario has been released.
To Download it:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14211

The Civilizations included are 44, plus Minor Nations.
So far I have 18 "new" leader heads. For new I intend to say that have been created by other modders on these forums and that were NOT included in a Clash of Kingdoms, my first scenario. In fact, I believe new leader heads can do wonder to provide a fresher look to an old civilization, therefore I used as many as possible, if they had a medieval appearance.

While A Clash of Kingdoms didnt come with the standard GEM features implemented into the latest version of GEM, 1400 AD will include many of them (Autoplay, Dale Combat Mod, Civ Revolutions etc).

Standing Armies at Game start and difficulty coefficient (1= easiest, 4= most difficult)

1) Jalayirid Sultanate (3): 14 Units
2) Mamluk Sultanate (1): 25 Units
3) Kingdom of the Marinids (3): 14 Units

4) Chagatai Khanate (2): 18 Units
5) Oirats Khanate (2): 23 Units
6) Golden Horde (2): 19 Units
7) Ming China (1): 27 Units
8) Joseon Dynasty (2) (Korea): 15 Units

9) Byzantine Empire (4): 15 Units
10) Kingdom of Hungary (3): 18 Units
11) Kingdom of England (1): 32 Units
12) Crown of Bohemia (3): 16 Units
13) Kingdom of France (1): 32 Units
14) House of Habsburg (1): 24 Units
15) Papal State (3): 18 Units
16) Poland-Lithuania Union (2): 28 Units

17) Incas Empire (3):
18) Aztec Empire (3):
19) Mayan Empire (4):
20) Native Americans (4):

21) Timurid Empire (1): over 50 Units
22) Tibetan Kingdoms (3): 11 Units
23) Japanese Empire (2): 21 Units

24) Hafsid Kingdom (3): 12 Units
25) Mali Empire (3): 12 Units
26) Ethiopian Empire (3): 13 Units

27) Republic of Venice (2): 23 Units
28) Ottoman Empire (1): 54 Units
29) Avignon Papacy (3): 10 Units
30) Kingdom of Portugal (2): 24 Units
31) Teutonic Knights (2): 23 Units
32) Grand Duchy of Moscow (2): 23 Units
33) Kingdom of Castile-Leòn (1): 27 Units
34) Crown of Aragon (2): 23 Units
35) Kalmar Union (1): 25 Units
36) Kingdom of Scotland (3): 20 Units
37) Kingdom of Georgia (3): 15 Units

38) Vijayanagar Empire (2): 19 Units
39) Delhi Sultanate (1): 15 Units
40) Bahamani Sultanate (3): 13 Units
41) Sultanate of Malacca (3): 10 Units
42) Ava Kingdom (3): 12 Units
43) Ayutthaya Kingdom (3): 13 Units

44) Kanem-Bornu Empire (4): 12 Units

I'm glad to see this is up and running! I must say, I'm deffinatly awaiting this. I suppose the House of Hapsburg controlls all the other German lands that Bohemia does not? It is deffinatly gong be be a challenge brining Byzantium back from the brink of destruction this time! I'm looking foward to this!

Well, I'm only 3 turns in, but I felt the need to report on my progress, as well as my general opinion of the map.

First off, playing as the Hapsburgs, I was surprised at first to see a lot of Minor Nation cities. However, I figure it is a good thing, seeing as thoes nasty wars with little nations and their large power master nations is all but eliminated. And so, I set about Beseiging the German MN cities to unite Germany. As this is in the process, I took the time to think about what to do about Byzantium. It didn't take long before I made my choice: Help Byzantium regain land to keep them as a buffer between Europe and the wrath of the Ottomans. I'm unsure whether to do this before or after I conquer the T.O. and Bohemia, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Generally, I love the map! It's deffinatly amazing, that's for sure! I'm glad that you have the Avingon Papacy in as well, should make for some intresting wars. Now if only CivIV's damn relgion limit was gone, we'd have an amazing game going; moreso than it is now. I thank you so very much for this senario, Traiano. You've done it again!

Some feedback:

- "Revolution ini. not found" (I don't have RevDCM installed)
- 10 turns into the game Portugal wins a Cultural Victory
- after contacting 35+ civs the civ score list runs off the top off the screen, blocking the top left screen buttons (a typical GEM issue).

Otherwise: lookin' good!:goodjob:

Some feedback:

- "Revolution ini. not found" (I don't have RevDCM installed)
- 10 turns into the game Portugal wins a Cultural Victory
- after contacting 35+ civs the civ score list runs off the top off the screen, blocking the top left screen buttons (a typical GEM issue).

Otherwise: lookin' good!:goodjob:

Jeelen,

Thanks for the info.

- I was aware of the scoreboard issue, or at least I suspected so, as with my screen resolution of 1600X900, I fit in all 44 civs but there isnt room for anything more.

- Very bizarre about Portugal's victory, as I played quite a few games and never saw that happen (at Monarch).
Out of curiosity what difficulty level are you playing at?
It would be interesting to see if this Portugal-issue is something that always happens or not.
It is an easy fix though, I just need to lower the cultural level of their two starting cities on the first update of the mod.

- Do you usually play other mods with Revolutions installed?
I'm just trying to understand if you meant to say that the 1400AD MOD doesnt detect your installation of revolutions or if instead you are simply saying you dont usually play with it.
I personally play without Revolutions installed, therefore I just ignore the opening window that says that they cannot find revolution.ini
(the reason being I modified some starting civs info to include the 44 starting civs, therefore colonies, new civs and new leader heads might encounter some conflicts if they are called into the game).

- An issue I'm aware of is that Malacca and Ayuttaya Lhs have the first diplomatic encounter text disabled. It should be an easy fix, as I encountered this issue plenty of times before.

Well, I'm only 3 turns in, but I felt the need to report on my progress, as well as my general opinion of the map.

First off, playing as the Hapsburgs, I was surprised at first to see a lot of Minor Nation cities. However, I figure it is a good thing, seeing as thoes nasty wars with little nations and their large power master nations is all but eliminated. And so, I set about Beseiging the German MN cities to unite Germany. As this is in the process, I took the time to think about what to do about Byzantium. It didn't take long before I made my choice: Help Byzantium regain land to keep them as a buffer between Europe and the wrath of the Ottomans. I'm unsure whether to do this before or after I conquer the T.O. and Bohemia, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Generally, I love the map! It's deffinatly amazing, that's for sure! I'm glad that you have the Avingon Papacy in as well, should make for some intresting wars. Now if only CivIV's damn relgion limit was gone, we'd have an amazing game going; moreso than it is now. I thank you so very much for this senario, Traiano. You've done it again!

LOL.
Glad you are enjoying the scenario.
Watch out for the Ottomans, together with the Timurid Empire they are usually the strongest civ.
At Monarch, during my games, I observed the leading civs tend to be: Ottomans, Timurid, Ming China, England, Mamluks, France.

I will try to post soon the standing armies and difficulty coefficient info for each civ, as I did for Clash of Kingdoms.

Jeelen,

Thanks for the info.

- I was aware of the scoreboard issue, or at least I suspected so, as with my screen resolution of 1600X900, I fit in all 44 civs but there isnt room for anything more.

I assumed you might be (aware); Ghenghis suggests the Scrolling Civ list, but doesn't feel it's a big issue... as it interferes with the buttons IMO it is, though.

- Very bizarre about Portugal's victory, as I played quite a few games and never saw that happen (at Monarch).
Out of curiosity what difficulty level are you playing at?
It would be interesting to see if this Portugal-issue is something that always happens or not.
It is an easy fix though, I just need to lower the cultural level of their two starting cities on the first update of the mod.

I played 1 level down from the suggested one; it may not be specific to this mod, as I've happened across it with others as well (and may have to do with my somewhat faulty re-install of BtS, but I thought I'd report it to see if anyone else came across it (it can be fixed easily by turning Cult. Victory off, ofcourse). It's not a Portugal-specific issue either: I suspected something when within the first 10 turns several cities were gaining Legendary Influence. (Just lowering Portuguese city cult. levels won't really help, there were plenty others.)

- Do you usually play other mods with Revolutions installed?
I'm just trying to understand if you meant to say that the 1400AD MOD doesnt detect your installation of revolutions or if instead you are simply saying you dont usually play with it.
I personally play without Revolutions installed, therefore I just ignore the opening window that says that they cannot find revolution.ini
(the reason being I modified some starting civs info to include the 44 starting civs, therefore colonies, new civs and new leader heads might encounter some conflicts if they are called into the game).

- An issue I'm aware of is that Malacca and Ayuttaya Lhs have the first diplomatic encounter text disabled. It should be an easy fix, as I encountered this issue plenty of times before.

No, the savegame loaded fine (after two failed mod loads due to graphics settings, I believe). Haven't tried a new game yet.

Some more suggestions:

- there were but a couple of barbs running around and no animals at all (Africa and America were basically really empty; also no villages anywhere)
- you might want add the Huron and/or Ocmulgee in East US territory for instance (and change Maracaibo to Chibcha, a pre-Columbian culture a bit more inland) and add some barbs representing Eskimos and Aboriginals, to name a few
- I'd suggest taking away Astronomy from the likes of Venice and the Papal States (i.e. limiting it to the historically colonizing civs).

I also noticed Byzantium getting annihilated really fast, even before I could get at it with my free Explorer (well before 1453 then).

Finally, also I like the Minor Nations concept; they seem to survive well beyond some of the "major" nations like that. ;)

Some additional comment:

- perhaps set the Ottomans' attitude towards Mamluks to Furious (also Tamerlane doesn't seem to attack them - as he did in 1402, I believe, setting the Ottoman expansion back)
- around 1440 AD barbs seem to get more active, so perhaps that's not really an issue
- Luoyang is misspelled Louyang and Sofala as Solafa (in the city lists?), Koenigsberg as Koenisgberg and the Caribbean island(s) of the Antilles as Antillies.

Oh yeah, and reloading a savegame still gives the (in-game) message "Revolution.ini not found", making me wonder if that's just the default setting? :confused:

About the Legendary Culture city events (they seem to occur a couple of times per decade at least and in the case below it's definitely not related to some giant cultural value):

Attachments

• Oran has achieved Legendary Culture!0000.JPG
    Oran has achieved Legendary Culture!0000.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 486
An update from my game as the Hapsburgs:

After uniting the German cities into my empire, I turned my eyes on Bohemia. I knew it was poorly defended, because of my open borders with Hus. So, using my garrison from Vienna, as well as the units left over from my conquests, and the excess garrisoned units from my other cities, I struck Prauge in 1408, taking it after losing two units. The next turn, I traveled toward Bohemia's last city, Wroclav. I took the city on the next turn. By that time, 1412, I looked toward the Teutonic Order. While I have my units healing in Wroclav, Vienna and Augsburg are pumping out Landsknechts and Musketmen, respectively. I'm putting up a screenshot of my progress so far. After I take down the T.O., I plan on invading Scandinavia, and the perhaps Eastern France as well.

Attachments

• Germany.JPG
    Germany.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 587
Top Bottom