2 CEP function addition suggestions

jakob51

Chieftain
Hey all, and especially the team developing this complex but seriously must-have mod project.

I just wanted to suggest a couple of ideas that could seriously enhance (in my view at least) this awesome mod further.

The first is a function provided by a mod that used to be in the Unofficial Patch/Enhancement mods of the Vanilla and G&K versions of Civ V. It was a plot mouseover function added by a now very old mod called CsebMod: Extended Plot MouseOver Popup.
It appears that this extremely helpful function is not currently included in CEP and I was wondering if it could be in a future version (that mod is not supported and has not been for probably at least 2 years now so an updated version from that author is out of the question). I am less than impressed with the lack of plot information in the base game unless you activate the plot yields icon setting which then overwhelms your screen with that information and becomes extremely irritating very quickly.

The other suggestion is also drawn from a very old (and very defunct) mod called Improved Build Queue Mod: its function was that it automatically enabled the city production queue in a new city whenever one was founded.
It was a very helpful and useful mod because it eliminated the tedious process of going into the city screen, selecting a unit or building to activate the show build queue button, then ticking it to activate the build queue to then add additional units or buildings to the queue which was always enabled from the outset in both Civ III and Civ IV.

Anyhow, regardless of whether these suggestions were to be implemented or not (or even can be without too much trouble) I just want to say keep up the fantastic work and I will definitely continue to use this must-have mod.

Cheers,
jakob51

CsebMod: Extended Plot MouseOver Popup was part of CEP's predeccesor, CivUP, so it, along with a host of other small additions will eventually make their way back into the mod.

Improved Build Queue Mod I have not heard of before and it sounds like a good idea also.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Just wanted to point out regarding Improved Build Queue Mod:

1. the original author was known as DireAussie and he or she apparently haven't been active on this website since 2012.

2. the mod's thread is still listed in the Civ V Mod Components section on page 5 of 8 if you are interested in incorporating its idea into CEP at all.

3. the thread for the mod highlights the rationale of the author for the mod which maybe of some use if it is intended to incorporate an idea such as this into future CEP versions.

4. it was nearly 3 years ago that the last version of it was posted so I'd hazard a guess that the file still apparently available for download from the thread is corrupted beyond all recognition and use.

If you are truly longing for the functionality that these mods provide, you should really have a look at Enhanced User Interface by bc1.

It provides all of this and more.

Top Bottom