• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2 minutes until unlock :D

It starts!

NO! Fauls alarm! It' s the complete installation in 2% bug! Really? Bug now are you kidding me?

and then publishers wonder why people pirate their games ...
pirates dont have to deal with this bull****

Exactly - not having a worldwide release in this day & age is inexcusable.

I bow down and lick your feet oh mighty Americans please gods of Gabe let Steam unlock CiV so that I can get some sleep before work tomorrow.

It is 1:20 AM here in France, I work at 8:30 and my game still doesn't want me to check BNW box in the DLC menu!
The strange thing is that I have the new introduction video.

It is 1:20 AM here in France, I work at 8:30 and my game still doesn't want me to check BNW box in the DLC menu!
The strange thing is that I have the new introduction video.

I cant see BNW in the ingame DLC window..?
edit: but steam shows it as dlc. strange

Validated files, a new exe got downloaded, I double click the game and it says "Finishing installation", my hype level is OVER 9000... and then the G&K loading screen shows up. Tried clicking the BNW DLC option in the menu as well, but to no avail. This is torture!

When I look up BNW in steam store I still have the option to pre-purchase it? Despite the same page telling me I already own it.

For the game to work you should have a file called "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" inside the directory

"[Your Steam Directory]\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion2\"

If you lack that file, or if you don't have the "Expansion2" directory to begin with, the Expansion will not work.

Hm... I've got an idea.
Would removal of the local content and downloading it again help?

I bet this can all be blamed on this god damn STEAM summer sale.

STEAM barely even workse there are so many people on STEAM. It probably screws up the installation process.

For the game to work you should have a file called "CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll" inside the directory

"[Your Steam Directory]\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion2\"

If you lack that file, or if you don't have the "Expansion2" directory to begin with, the Expansion will not work.

I have that file, but nothing else, even though that folder should be filled with BNW's assets if it downloaded correctly.

Tried verifying game cache several times, restart Steam and even deleting everything and redownloading the whole game, but nope, it doesn't want to install BNW, much less activate it.

Edit: Got it after another Steam restart, few minutes after writing this post. Glad I didn't have to wait until tomorrow, but it pains me to know that I could be playing this 40 minutes ago.

IT WORKS NOW! :D

Gonna try a full random game, either Small/Standard, and go from there depending of which civ I roll =)

Lucky me I'm on afternoon shift at work tomorrow =D

Top Bottom