(3-VT) Remove XP cap from barbarians and CS as an advanced option

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some of my peaceful games my diplomacy goes so well that I never get at war with anyone until the modern era. Sure some people will cheese the game to get infinite XP that way but it doesn't affect other people who prefer not to. Late-game wars can be very tedious before your units get the key promotions.

Also in terms of realism there is no reason to treat the barbarians differently than the "civilized nations".

It's like saying the units don't matter before they get the "key promotions", where they get a power spike to plow through enemies.

Is this good for the game? Isn't it better if there's no power spike for unit promotions and the difficulties (unit production%, XP% etc.) can be properly balanced with all promotions giving similar power? Higher tier promotions can still be stronger, but not "key".

It's like saying the units don't matter before they get the "key promotions", where they get a power spike to plow through enemies.

Is this good for the game? Isn't it better if there's no power spike for unit promotions and the difficulties (unit production%, XP% etc.) can be properly balanced with all promotions giving similar power? Higher tier promotions can still be stronger, but not "key".
Agreed, it'd be better.

Regardless, the game should be balanced around the option from the proposal disabled.

That's an exaggeration of what I said. Some promotions allow you to get out of the stalemate late-game wars can become, that's all. Of course your units matter before that and I don't see why some people don't like a "power spike" when it happens. It can come from promotions but also from new techs, I don't see the problem there.

Maybe I should have used a different word.

If wars are always stalemate without "key promotions", there's either a problem with AI bonuses (replenishing units too fast), or the combat system (units are too bulky/defensive, stem promotions aren't strong enough, damage is too low, etc.)

Proposal vetoed.

Reason:
No brand new proposals during the Counterproposal Phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom