.30 Water Cooled Browning

ahhh, I see. I'm back and ready to work on it and finish it, I'll make the changes right away, thanks for noticing that flaw.

Ok, i finished the gunner, the only thing i need to do is the animations and make the .flc's. Here is the final product of the gunner holding the MG, which will be the default animation (with a little waggle like all units). I already have in my mind what every animation will look like and I already have sounds to add in. Here is the picture:

Also, is the size OK for the gun? Should it be smaller?

Attachments

• final.jpg
    final.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 126
The scale is a lot better now, and I believe that making it any smaller would seriously hurt the great detail you have made in the model. The only correction I would note is that the tripod mounts further forward on the weapon.. and the
weapon rests/attaches in a "U" shaped cradle just forward of where you have the ammo belt. It's looking good though, can't wait to see it in-game.

Well, I was thinking that since this is the American UU, it really didn't need a civ specific color area, since only one Civ will be able to use it (I wanted it to be a replacement to infantry, but have more attack, since Browning's MG's were renowned for their manueverability).

The animations are giving me troubles. I have the Default and Attack A done (also have some sounds lined up for them), but I am trying to convert them GMax frames to FLICster. Unfortunately, the tutorials don't go into great depth about how to transfer it. I'm trying screen capture with PSP and testing it in Animation Shop 3.

I just now realized how to get the sizes to match up perfectly, since that was my main issue. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish it this week.

Cheers.

Oh, and by the "U" shaped cradle, were you referring to the hose that puts water in the barrel to cool it? I originally had that, but when I zoomed out, the whole front looked way too crowded, so I removed it. I'll move the tripod a little further and rotate the front leg a little to make it go towards the front a little more.

Thanks for the input

I can undrstand what you mean by crowding, a lot of the detail does blend together as you zoom out. Moving the tripod and rotating the leg should do it. Keep up the good work!

OK, I thought doing shadows was going to be easy, create a light source in the northeast corner and shine it down towards the figure

......................(sun)

G
U
Y

But it makes the figure way too dark all over, it's wierd. Anyway, what kind of lights do you guys use and am I getting the direction right?

Oh yeah, and how do I make a floor, I'm thinking that I should just create a plane right underneath him. Is this the preferred method?

And I appreciate everyone taking an interest in this and helping out a poor soul who is new to creating units :worship:

:lol:

Top Bottom