(4-04) Proposal: Make Seowons cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rationale: Seowons come at Philosophy (Classical), yet retain the Medieval Era Building Cost they had as a University replacement (Education).

Proposal: Make the Seowon cost more in line with T2 Classical Era Buildings, 200.

Most UB/UU that come earlier retain the original tier cost. I don't see why this particular one has to be changed.

I would sooner move the seowon back and strengthen it (see my tweaks mod).

It’s anachronistic in classical, and its abilities are lame.

Here's the reference to what Pdan did in his tweaks.
Obviously this would be a separate proposal someone would have to make but for peoples' reference.
Korea
  • UA gives +20%:c5science:Science during :c5goldenage:Golden Ages instead of +30%:c5greatperson:Great Person Rate
  • Hwach'a changes:
    • Now replaces Cannon (32:c5rangedstrength:, 16:c5strength:)
    • Does not require Iron
    • No longer has Logistics
    • Has Field I and unique 'Singijeon' promotions:
      • 5 splash damage
      • +25% RCS when adjacent to or in a city
  • Seowon changes:
    • No longer gives +15%:c5science:Science during :c5goldenage:Golden Ages
    • moved back to Education
    • Base yields changed to 3:c5science:2:c5culture:
    • Gives +1:c5science::c5production: to all GPTIs near the city (to match the +1:c5science::c5production: from :greatwork:GWs)

I think a cheaper Seowon is better than what we have right now, which is not only underwhelming but very often a TRAP to try to beeline and build fast, it just sucks up way too much hammers and effort for that point in the game compared to the reward. If someone wants to actually counterpropose with another competent thing that's great but I would like to see some kind of change come to the Seowon this Congress regardless.

Most UB/UU that come earlier retain the original tier cost. I don't see why this particular one has to be changed.
Siamese Wat is a Constabulary that is available 2 Tech Tiers earlier Banking > Theology and is priced like a Tier 2 Medieval Building 500 > 350. There aren't as many UB's that come earlier.

Here's the reference to what Pdan did in his tweaks.
Obviously this would be a separate proposal someone would have to make but for peoples' reference.
I need to make a counterproposal...

Proposal sponsored by Legen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom