(47) Proposal: Add a free Warrior to Traditions Engineer Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cebrudras

Chieftain
Change is simple enough that it fits into the title. It could be 'highest unlocked Melee unit' instead, but this keeps the policy text shorter.

The other two ancient trees get a free unit in an early-ish policy, so this change would be aesthetically pleasing. Currently the Artist vs Engineer choice at the start of Tradition also is a boring no-brainer and this would spice it up. Even the Flavour works great since the building granting the Engineer is a guardhouse.

I am not a balance expert, but it is unlikely that a single free melee unit will break things in a bothersome ways. AI is swimming in free units anyway and if a player is good enough to incrementally turn a single Warrior into an overpowered advantage they deserve it.

Nah, I don't think that it would change much, nor that it's needed. It's just too little reason to do implement the proposal.

I sponsor this proposal.

Proposal Sponsors: Recursive.

(Sponsors have indicated that they are able and willing to perform the code changes required for this proposal if the community votes Aye on it. Other coders are free to sponsor this as well. A proposal without a sponsor will not advance to the Voting Phase.)

I support this if only because it's a boring policy and has gotten more boring with the current weakness of early GEs. I think a Warrior isn't quite the prize it wants but it needs some kind of spice. Maybe a slinger instead would've been more appropriate for it but it's too late to change now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom