Approval Vote for Proposal #50

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pineappledan

Deity
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 25 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 50

Proposal:
Add a new promotion for the Recon line:

Frogman
Requires Survivalism III or Trailblazer III
Tech locked. Requires Railroads technology (same tech as Commando unlock)

Unit spends only 1 move to Embark and Disembark
No combat penalty for attacking while embarked or across Rivers

Rationale
Essentially, the combat bonuses from the Amphibious promotion combined with the free embarkation of Denmark
The Recon line has relatively few promotions, especially at high tiers. This gives an extra option for highly promoted late game recon units

Last edited by a moderator:
MAGI: Title of promotion was updated from screening to Frogman. looks like the name was accidentally used twice across two different proposals.

I can sponsor. The free embark ability was tied into a promotion in the DLL a long time ago (credit to @ASCII Guy for the heavy lifting on that)

Technical question: how many moves are spent when you have both Frogman and Rocketry and embark from/disembark into a Fort? 1 or 0.1?

Edit: I checked, and Rocketry should take precedence.

i think you want to add "allows embarkation" to this promo, or read it in as implied -- if its pre-req is survivalism III it won't necessarily have embarkation when the choice comes up, rendering it a (temporarily) useless promotion/pointless choice on that branch. Promos that allow embarkation can be stacked without altering the effect, ie just cuz a TB recon already has embarkation when it gets to this promo won't change anything

This promotion is tech locked in industrial. You can’t unlock it without unlocking embarkation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom