Approval Vote for Proposal #61

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 25 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 61

Shared expiry conditions:
  • CS is no longer alive
  • CS has lost its Capital
Specific for the "find a Natural Wonder" quest:
  • 50 turns have passed
Proposal:
Remove the timer
Add the following sanity check: make sure there are still Natural Wonders not yet discovered, cancel the quest immediately if not

Rationale:
If this quest expires through a timer, another CS will immediately start asking for the same thing. What's the point?
Use the sanity check in case some NW somehow disappears from the map.

Implementation details: DLL code change required

Last edited by a moderator:
The NW quest one should be fast-tracked because it's already like this in the base game, why does this quest have an added timer?
The sanity check though isn't exist because if you reached -1 Natural Wonders founded (only possible through messing with the map), a CS won't remove its quest.

Add the following sanity check: make sure there are still Natural Wonders not yet discovered, cancel the quest immediately if not
What does this do that "Don't give the quest if there are no undiscovered Natural Wonders" does not?

What does this do that "Don't give the quest if there are no undiscovered Natural Wonders" does not?
Because of this
if you reached -1 Natural Wonders founded (only possible through messing with the map), a CS won't remove its quest.
Although it won't appear on normal gameplay. Still, having a sanity check is good.

Not a huge fan of including bug fixes in these proposals.

Last edited:
The NW quest one should be fast-tracked because it's already like this in the base game, why does this quest have an added timer?
The sanity check though isn't exist because if you reached -1 Natural Wonders founded (only possible through messing with the map), a CS won't remove its quest.
What do you mean "base game", CS quests don't exist in Vanilla.

Regardless, I don't see this as a fast track. Ultimately the quest has operated like this for quite some time, so there is no notion of a bug fix per say,

@azum4roll I could use some more clarity here. You mention the NW quest but then you also talk about the archeology quest in the proposal. Is that a typo or are you affecting 2 quests at once?

What do you mean "base game", CS quests don't exist in Vanilla.
Yes, they do exist. CS-es will ask you to find a Natural Wonder, but the quest goes permanently. CSD only enhances these quests with additional yield rewards and a time limit.

@azum4roll I could use some more clarity here. You mention the NW quest but then you also talk about the archeology quest in the proposal. Is that a typo or are you affecting 2 quests at once?
You must be seeing things :crazyeye:

Regardless, I don't see this as a fast track. Ultimately the quest has operated like this for quite some time, so there is no notion of a bug fix per say,
Ok so now that the typos were fixed, looking over the proposal again I do agree this is more a bug fix than a proposal, as there is no reason for a quest to exist that cannot be accomplished. So I recommend that we simply record this as a bugfix and drop it as a proposal: @Hinin @axatin @Recursive

Ok so now that the typos were fixed, looking over the proposal again I do agree this is more a bug fix than a proposal, as there is no reason for a quest to exist that cannot be accomplished. So I recommend that we simply record this as a bugfix and drop it as a proposal: @Hinin @axatin @Recursive
The "remove the timer" part of the proposal is not a bug fix.

Ok so now that the typos were fixed, looking over the proposal again I do agree this is more a bug fix than a proposal, as there is no reason for a quest to exist that cannot be accomplished. So I recommend that we simply record this as a bugfix and drop it as a proposal
The sanity check is a bug fix. Removing the timer is a (very small) balance change and should stay a proposal.

Sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom