Approval Vote for Proposal #64

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented.

You can vote for both options, which is equivalent to saying "I'm fine either way", but adds to the required quorum of 25 votes in favor.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 5, Proposal 64

Shared expiry conditions:

• CS is no longer alive
  • CS has lost its Capital
Specific for the "liberate CS" quest:
  • 50 turns have passed
  • Someone else has liberated the target CS
  • Player has conquered the target CS (annex/puppet)
  • Target CS capital is destroyed (by OCC player)
  • Player can't liberate the target CS for some other reasons
Proposal:
Remove the timer
Add the following conditions:

• Player is at peace with and cannot declare war on the current owner of the target CS capital, or the war declaration will result in a backstab
  • The current owner of the target CS capital is another CS that is allied with the player
  • CS (the quest giver) owns the target CS capital
Also make the target invalid if one of the above conditions is met, when trying to give the quest.

Rationale:
Taking a city can take time. It feels bad if it expires partway through the siege.
Backstabbing should not be encouraged.

Implementation details: DLL code change required

Last edited by a moderator:
Player is at peace with and cannot declare war on the current owner of the target CS capital, or the war declaration will result in a backstab
I don't know about this one, in one hand it makes sense, in another it already happened to me that I bought said CS from it's owner to liberate it. Maybe add that you must also have denounce the owner to remove the quest, since you can't trade city ?

I forgot that city trade is a possibility. However, it's very niche and usually isn't worth it anyway. I think we can stick to conquest only.

Denouncement removing quest wouldn't make sense at all.

Sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom