azum4roll

Lost the game
Counterproposal of:

Potentially conflicts with:

Works along with:

Current cost of Golden Ages:
First: 400
Nth: 400 + (2000 * (N - 1))
Additionally, each city on empire increases the cost of the next GA by 1%, not counting the Capital.

Proposed cost of Golden Ages:
First: 1000
Nth: 400 + (2000 * (N - 1))
Additionally, each non-puppet city on empire increases the cost of the next GA by 5%, including the Capital.

Rationale:
I agree with @pineappledan that there is a problem of perpetual GAs in the late game. However, other than the very first Golden Age, early/mid game Golden Ages feel right. Which means we only need to increase the first Golden Age cost and adjust lategame :c5goldenage: acquisition, which mainly comes from Great Artist bulbs and Stadium (refer to my other counterproposals).
City number scaling is now the same as Tech/Policy cost (use GetNumEffectiveCities), making it easy to remember.

Last edited:
won't this mainly make the 1st and 2nd GAs feel closer together?
What this functionally does is move the 1st GA back a lot, but then make the cost of the 2nd one the same as before.

What this functionally does is move the 1st GA back a lot, but then make the cost of the 2nd one the same as before.
I actually don't think so. While the 1st GA was often way too early, the 2nd GA comes a good bit later than the first right now. Especially with the other GAP removals you all are discussing, I prefer this version. I think the OG proposal will push the 2nd GA back too far, this one feels more right.

Feel closer? The 2nd GA requires the same amount as it's now, after the first one empties the meter.

Feel closer? The 2nd GA requires the same amount as it's now, after the first one empties the meter.
his point was you are pushing back the 1st GA but not the second.

In his proposal:
1st GA: 1000
2nd GA: 3000
a 2000 point gap

in your proposal
1st GA: 1000
2nd GA: 2400
a 1400 point gap

again I think its better, but yes there is a "closeness" between the 1st and 2nd GA not experienced anywhere else.

As you get into the mid game the rate at which you accumulate GAPs will increase. You’re pushing the 1st one back A LOT, but then the 2nd one will also be pushed back into a part of the game where :c5goldenage: Is coming faster, but it’s not not any more expensive. So the 2nd one will come comparatively fast

Every GA will be pushed back by the time it takes to gain 600 :c5goldenage:. Every GA will feel closer if GAP acquisition speed increases over the game, but I don't think the speed increases that much.

I'd argue the Ancient Ruins change to remove the GAP ruin with the reasoning that an early Golden Age sucks somewhat conflicts.

I sponsor this.

I'd argue the Ancient Ruins change to remove the GAP ruin with the reasoning that an early Golden Age sucks somewhat conflicts.
Agree. If there are no golden ages from ruins, I think 1000 is way too much for the first GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom