[UI] (5-NS) Counterproposal: rework God of War and add one more war focused belief (Goddess of Victory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BliTTzZ

Warlord
Original proposal

Current God of War:
:c5faith:Faith from Kills (175% of unit CS), and Melee units heal for 10 points after killing a military unit.
+2:c5faith:2:c5production: from Barracks.

Proposal:
+15%:c5production: towards land military units.
Get +1:c5faith: per 5 military units in your empire.
+2:c5faith:+2:c5gold: from Barracks.

Reason:
Make God of War more focused on increasing military production and gaining benefits from fielding large military force. Gold from Barracks helps with maintnance.

Some mechanics from God of War will be used in new belief.

Goddess of Victory:
Get :c5faith: from killing enemy military units equal to 200% unit's CS.
All owned units adjacent to the tile where enemy unit is killed gain +1XP.
+3:c5faith:+2:c5production: from Palace.

Reason:
Basically this pantheon is nerfed old God of War. Nerfed in possible production (get production boost immediately, but it's less than +2:c5production: in every city from Barracks).
To compensate above mentioned XP mechanics can be implemented.

Implementation Difficulty: Medium. Production bonus to land units, Faith per 5 military units in empire and XP for units next to killed enemies would require new code.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be way less confusing if you used your goddess of victory proposal as the counter proposal. Your new God of War is functionally a new belief.

I have combined this proposal with 5-78.

The old goWar was 225% faith on kills and with test it was determined that it was pretty much impossible to found with. The XP bonus is large, but this has weaker yields than before the last change
I think this would be impossible to found with, but if you managed to keep it on a civ with strong built-in faith generation (eg Ethiopia) this XP generation would be absurd. Just so we’re all on the same page, this is a hard scaling non-founder in the vein of God-King
Currently it is very possible to found with 175% God of War.
Also given adjancency bonus is only 1 tile, usually only 2-3 additional units will get bonus XP. And of course we can always lower it.

This would reinforce unit flanking mini-game with an enormous reward. Even at 2XP per kill this would be very generous.
2XP will be peanuts.

Goddess of Victory is a deep cut. Why not God(dess) of Death or the Underworld? That’s a more universal concept; I’m not aware of any pantheons with a god(dess) of victory other than Greek, and even within that pantheon you’re passing over Thanatos or Had
es in favor of Nike.
Why not? It's a victory in battle, not ceremonial burial or something.

Currently it is very possible to found with 175% God of War.
That is because it also gives 2 :c5faith: to barracks. Your GoVictory proposal sets the yields on kill even lower, and removes the other faith source.

As a loose rule of thumb, your pantheon needs to get you 400:c5faith: Faith in 50 turns or you will not found. at 150% CS as :c5faith: Faith on kill, you would need to 2 brutes every 3 turns for 50 turns.
Also given adjacency bonus is only 1 tile, usually only 2-3 additional units will get bonus XP. And of course we can always lower it.

2XP will be peanuts.
2XP would still be 4-6XP distributed on 2-3 units, but possibly as high as 12 XP. It will not be peanuts; that is as much XP as any ranged unit gets on a regular attack. that's functionally +100% XP for a lethal attack with a ranged unit. When you get going on a real dust-up war, 5XP to all adjacent units on kills will far exceed the bonus given by Autocracy's Elite Forces tenet (+50% XP on all units). +5XP is excessive. Even if only given to the 1 unit that made the killing blow I would say it's still too much.
Why not? It's a victory in battle, not ceremonial burial or something.
As I said, I just think a God of Death is a more ubiquitous concept. Yes you are getting a victory in battle... by making a unit die. Both concepts are at play.

Last edited:
That is because it also gives 2 :c5faith: to barracks. Your GoVictory proposal sets the yields on kill even lower, and removes the other faith source.
I can increase it up to 200%.
And change Palace bonus from +3:c5production: to +3:c5faith: and +2:c5production:

2XP would still be 4-6XP distributed on 2-3 units, but possibly as high as 12 XP. It will not be peanuts; that is as much XP as any ranged unit gets on a regular attack. that's functionally +100% XP for a lethal attack with a ranged unit. When you get going on a real dust-up war, 5XP to all adjacent units on kills will far exceed the bonus given by Autocracy's Elite Forces tenet (+50% XP on all units). +5XP is excessive. Even if only given to the 1 unit that made the killing blow I would say it's still too much.
You are comparing regular ranged attack with a killing blow. Your units do not get XP with every attack, only when enemy is killed. I can lower it to 2XP.

As I said, I just think a God of Death is a more ubiquitous concept. Yes you are getting a victory in battle... by making a unit die. Both concepts are at play.
I think if you're focused on death, then your worship Goddess of Death. However in this case a victory in battle is your troops goal. And they worship Goddess of Victory to help them win. And they don't care if enemy soldiers die or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom