50 bucks if you wipe out the Aztecs..

trada

civ1 mod
Retired Moderator
50 bucks if you wipe out the Aztecs.. yeah right. Like you actually won't just take the money and run.

Has anybody actually seen the AI declare war on another AI when you paid them to? Ever?

The only reason I use that "wipe out the evil [insert civ here]" feature at the end of the diplomacy screen is to check out what other civs are also in the world. Other then that, it's a complete waste of time. Unless you want to gift the AI with some gold.
Also, if you look carefully at the list of civs you can pay the one you are in diplomacy with to declare war on.. occasionally one or two of them are slightly indented from the margin. E.G

Zulus
Russians
English
Chinese​
Mongols

Note the Chinese? Does anybody know the meaning of this? Many the indented civs are the ones on the same landmass as you..maybe..

Well, I tried indenting the Chinese but... Well, yeah :p But you dudes get the picture, the indent in the game itself is about one character space to the right.

Indeed giving other civs money to attack an opponent is useless, mostly they'll make peace after a few turns anyway. Also if they're not at war to begin with most civs only have limited numbers of offensive units. When I really go to war it's not unusual to go with 30-40 units, I've never seen the AI do that. So wars among AI civs at a progressed level (so more than say 2-3 cities) basically are useless as they won't completely kill the other civ and thus will not weaken eachother.

But, after installing diplomats in all the other civs, I have seen that they don't declare war on the other civs in the first place! They just say they do it the diplomatic screen.

I've never tested that but it's a waste of money anyway because most civs are too weak to inflect serious damage on eachother.
Besides, why ask others to whipe another civ out when you can have all the fun yourself. :D

I know what you mean. The only reason I ever sought to a civ to declare war on another is to break a strong alliance so it was easier to me to wipe out both. Hehe, it all comes down to conquest in the end :p

Top Bottom