6-16-17 Beta - Inquisitive Raven Modpack

ElliotS

Warmonger
Beta has been updating so much I wanted to make a new thread for my newest update.

I'll be testing this on multiplayer shortly, but it seems fine so far in single player.

This includes EUI files, so delete the UI_bc1 folder if you have it. I doubt it will cause problems if you don't, but better safe than sorry.

This also includes the mods Flag Promotions, Unique City States, Unit Path Viewer, and Improved City View.

Here's the link:
6-16-17-Inquisitive-Raven
6-17-17-Inquisitive-Raven Update

To install drop it in your DLC folder. Should be something like:

C:\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

As always I'm making no promises of support or functionality. Hopefully you guys enjoy, but if you want a version with 43 civs or different mods then make your own. It takes ~5 min once you learn how.

Last edited:
We have a lot of desyncs with barbarians, started about 2 updates before. Very sad, makes agressive civs so much weaker
I know the 6-15 version is working well in multiplayer. It's in the previous thread. If you're getting desyncs with 6-15 then it's likely because the host's computer is too slow.

I know that when I was on vacation and needed to use my laptop, my friend and I would desync every time one of us had a unit with a multi-turn move queued. When I got back home that was fixed on the same modpack, so it was either hotel internet or slower laptop. Food for thought.

Hello, thank for the mod, i play with two friends more, before the you update again, i will try ne web update, the desync its with barbarian every 3-4 turn. but i will try ne wep update and see :) thank very much!, I love the mod but i hate a lot the game without the mod xD, I have the cracked wersion so i can't use sdk civ and can't create my own modpack ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Hello, thank for the mod, i play with two friends more, before the you update again, i will try ne web update, the desync its with barbarian every 3-4 turn. but i will try ne wep update and see :) thank very much!, I love the mod but i hate a lot the game without the mod xD, I have the cracked wersion so i can't use sdk civ and can't create my own modpack ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

For the record, using a pirated version of the mod is a bannable offense. Buy the game, you can get it very cheap these days. Support games you enjoy.

G

I know the 6-15 version is working well in multiplayer. It's in the previous thread. If you're getting desyncs with 6-15 then it's likely because the host's computer is too slow.

I know that when I was on vacation and needed to use my laptop, my friend and I would desync every time one of us had a unit with a multi-turn move queued. When I got back home that was fixed on the same modpack, so it was either hotel internet or slower laptop. Food for thought.

If you're getting desyncs with barbs active, make sure to post your net_ logs (connection, message, etc.).

G

Buy the game, you can get it very cheap these days.
I got it during a 90% off Steam sale. All expansions and DLC for around $12. :crazyeye:

I already had the vanilla game, but I was procrastinating buying the expansions in protest. I didn't like the direction Firaxis was taking, undercutting many of Civ4's achievements. $12 revenue felt like enough of a steal to end my boycott.

pirated version of the mod

Is this a typo? Where do I find the official version of the mod??

ElliotS: This is the logs corresponding in turn 4 and 11, a get desync with my friend, i use the VP-6-17-17-Inquisitive-Raven, the last update you upload.
Cammcken: i'm agree with you

Attachments

• Primero.rar
    42.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Segundo.rar
    56.2 KB · Views: 69
@ElliotS What did you do to make Improved City View work with EUI? I'm trying to do it but with no success
Nothing special. It just worked for me lol.

ElliotS: This is the logs corresponding in turn 4 and 11, a get desync with my friend, i use the VP-6-17-17-Inquisitive-Raven, the last update you upload.
Cammcken: i'm agree with you
I haven't gotten a chance to test out an experimental DLL that might fix it. @Gazebo can I post it here so other people can test it?

i try again, and see some weird, in turn 4, i move my scout and see a barbarian, when i pass turn, another barbarian spawn near of the vision of my scout, then the game desync and when come back, the barbarian desapear, i think for some reason the spawn of barbarians its diferent with the other computer. this is logs for the game

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    41.1 KB · Views: 70
Try using this DLL in the modpack. (Replace the file in \Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 88)\)

G didn't respond, but I doubt he'll mind. My friends suck and haven't been on to play.

Let me know if it fixes it.

Remember that everyone needs to use this new DLL.

Attachments

• CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
The timing was perfect xD we will play in the moment i see your post xD, we start the game with this conf. Map:pangea(Largue) City-State:24 Barb:Enable (Not Ragging) before every game desync in turn 4/8/13, now we change the CvGameCore and getting desync in turn 2/6/ and a don't remember xD but we play at last 15 and get 4 or 5 desync, i upload the logs

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    47.9 KB · Views: 71
Beta has been updating so much I wanted to make a new thread for my newest update.

I'll be testing this on multiplayer shortly, but it seems fine so far in single player.

This includes EUI files, so delete the UI_bc1 folder if you have it. I doubt it will cause problems if you don't, but better safe than sorry.

This also includes the mods Flag Promotions, Unique City States, Unit Path Viewer, and Improved City View.

Here's the link:
6-16-17-Inquisitive-Raven
6-17-17-Inquisitive-Raven Update

To install drop it in your DLC folder. Should be something like:

C:\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

As always I'm making no promises of support or functionality. Hopefully you guys enjoy, but if you want a version with 43 civs or different mods then make your own. It takes ~5 min once you learn how.

Hey ElliotS, many thanks for this! Works like a charm for a friend of mine and me in multiplayer! Any chance you've got the latest beta version lying around somewhere? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hey ElliotS, many thanks for this! Works like a charm for a friend of mine and me in multiplayer! Any chance you've got the latest beta version lying around somewhere? I'd greatly appreciate it.
I've heard there are some movement bugs, and I've been too busy to play this latest version to confirm.

I'll probably release one for the next version. Consider making one yourself, it's easier than you'd think and then you can customize it however.

Just joined the forum to ask for any update on this?

We are currently playing with the 3-7 modpack and everything is working great. We would gladly try these one.

I'm waiting for the new version to come out to make a new one. Glad you're enjoying it, but I'm currently playing the games I got on the summer sale while I wait for the update.

Top Bottom