Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Currently, the personality of each City-State is determined randomly. It has a 1/4 chance of being Affable (Friendly), Pragmatic (Neutral), Reclusive (Hostile), or Enigmatic (Irrational).

Similarly to my trait proposal, I propose that we balance the personalities of City-States evenly in VP games, following a 1 / 1 / 1 / 1 ratio. This will guarantee a mixture of behaviors.

If that proposal and this one both pass, each pool of City-States with a common trait will have evenly balanced personalities. For example, with 20 City-States, there would be 4 City-States with each of the five traits. For each pool of 4 City-States, one of each will have the four personality types. With fewer than 20 CS, not every possible combination will be present in the game, but they will all be unique (no duplicates).

With the different personality and trait type combinations having unique rebalanced quest probabilities now, passing this proposal should hopefully make City-State interactions a little more interesting.

I have already coded, tested, and implemented this feature for the next version (as of writing this), so it's a matter of changing BALANCE_CITY_STATE_PERSONALITIES from a 0 to a 1. If BALANCE_CITY_STATE_TRAITS is enabled as well, the combined behavior as described above will occur.

i'm not sure it needs to be a 1/1/1/1, maybe just a min floor set to make sure there's at least 2 of each type (in the case of 20 CS), the rest random. Variety from game-to-game is a nice feature of civ, I fear we're making too many changes aimed at making each playthrough more "consistent" just for consistency sake

I'm not necessarily advocating for this (I'm more invested in balancing the traits), but I did the hard work for it already, so it'd be a shame not to poll the community on it.

Sponsored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom