[DLL] (6-92) Allow Civilian Units to Cross Other Civs' Territories

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkn

Prince
similar to https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...units-to-cross-other-civs-territories.686216/

Allow civilian units to cross rival territory without open borders, but do not allow them to end turn within said territory. You must have vision of the full path traversed, including the destination tile on the other side.

Frequently my path to colonize another area is blocked by a single water tile pre-astronomy, or a very thin strip of land that a rival city grew to. Having that happen is just annoying and unfun. This would let settlers and emissaries still cross if the barrier is thin enough. Also missionaries can already cross, and with much less restriction.

Last edited:
This is not a good proposal.
Imagine that you are somewhere on a peninsula and the entire southern part is free. There are ruins there that you haven't reached yet.
In some games, I specifically bought tiles to block other AI's scouts. Also, if the AI does not explore this southern part, then it will not rush there with its settlers.

This is not a good proposal.
Imagine that you are somewhere on a peninsula and the entire southern part is free. There are ruins there that you haven't reached yet.
In some games, I specifically bought tiles to block other AI's scouts. Also, if the AI does not explore this southern part, then it will not rush there with its settlers.
That's fine

It's not normal for a settler to found a city near the capital of another empire because he was able to run through a forested hill or an desert tile that didn't have borders.

Imagine that a detachment of settlers in ancient times is traveling past someone’s capital, or at least a castle. Without the sovereign's permission to establish a settlement, the caravan would be plundered and the settlers killed, because the resources of any given area are limited. Especially if it is some kind of unrelated tribe.

Considering how often the AI just LOVES to slap a settler in the middle of my territory int eh most garbage places imaginable, and often using border control is the only way to stop them....no thanks on this one.

You must have vision of the destination tile on the other side.
Change to "you must have vision of the whole path" since that's how ships work. You never know whether there are enemies inside the fog of war.

Change to "you must have vision of the whole path" since that's how ships work. You never know whether there are enemies inside the fog of war.
This is how it will be implemented if it gets sponsored.

Please no

Almost all of my tile buying in mid-game is to stop the AI from settling absolutely garbage cities all around me in the stupidest corners.

I always want to let them as it's free yields to conquer them easily (unsupported fresh cities... yum) but it feels so gamey and stupid it kind of wrecks my immersion.

Even stupider is when AI 1 settles a dumbass city behind my empire in the North Pole, I raze it, and then AI 2 settles a city there a ~20 turns later.

This is going to cause border gore and generally enable the AI to waste yields making bad choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom