(6-CP) God of the Stars and Sky - Nerf to Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm adding this to my rationale, but I think the situation you would take this is if you see a lot of deer, but you want to speed up science and culture instead of production. The deer will naturally provide extra food, you will have camps, and you will build Smokehouse as your first or second building (after/before Monument). Yes, you are sacrificing either Shrine or Monument as a quick building. The yields per (unimproved!) resource are quite strong, science and culture being fairly gated this early in the game. Your cities will be smaller than if you had gone Hunt, no question. But you will have a wealth of science and culture to show for it.

That is the situation I see being good for this pantheon.

Stars and Sky represent the long periods of day and night in the polar regions, which feels appropriate to me
I'll leave it to the voters to decide. I don't disagree with your take per se, but at this point I think we've narrowed the proposal down to its core. If people don't agree with the change, that's fine.

I'm adding this to my rationale, but I think the situation you would take this is if you see a lot of deer, but you want to speed up science and culture instead of production. The deer will naturally provide extra food, you will have camps, and you will build Smokehouse as your first or second building (after/before Monument). Yes, you are sacrificing either Shrine or Monument as a quick building. The yields per (unimproved!) resource are quite strong, science and culture being fairly gated this early in the game. Your cities will be smaller than if you had gone Hunt, no question. But you will have a wealth of science and culture to show for it.

That is the situation I see being good for this pantheon.
Agreed, I posted just as you did. The proposed change does seem quite strong, and I think I'd have to play it to see if that extra science and culture will offset the loss of food.

I know I said I was done with this, but the more I compare the more I feel like the science is maybe too much. If any of you want to counter propose with the science version, you have my blessing. I'd love to see it get a vote.

For this proposal, I do think a small adjustment down is better than an adjustment up for this pantheon, so I'm replacing the science with a small baseline food bonus to the capital/holy city, to alleviate concerns that no food at all is unplayable.

Amended:
  • +1 :c5faith: Faith, :c5culture: Culture, and :c5science: Science from Tundra and Snow resources.
  • +2 :c5food: in the Capital/Holy City.

I sponsor this, but note that this sets a precedence of putting base pantheon yields on Capital/Holy City (using Belief_HolyCityYieldChanges) rather than the Palace (using Belief_BuildingClassYieldChanges).
@axatin, @Stalker0, @Hinin do you think this should be changed?

I sponsor this, but note that this sets a precedence of putting base pantheon yields on Capital/Holy City (using Belief_HolyCityYieldChanges) rather than the Palace (using Belief_BuildingClassYieldChanges).
if your capital gets eaten, does the new capital spawn a palace?

If we already use the Palace it's fine to implement it like that.

We can update the language, if need be. One city getting the yields is the important part, whether it's on the Palace or the city is of secondary importance.

Let me know if I should update OP.

Last edited:
MAGI - Edited the title for better clarity during Magi preparation for voting phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom