(6-CP) Move Ivory to the Special Placement List Like Marble

Status
Not open for further replies.

azum4roll

Lost the game
Counterproposal to:

On game start, all luxuries are classified into 5 lists.

Special list: Marble always goes here. Each luxury in this list has its special function for placement.
Regional list: Each player's monopoly. All of them are to be placed within a single region.
City-State exclusive list: Only appears within CS. One of them has a 75% chance to appear in each CS's territory (otherwise a regional/random one is used).
Random list: These are scattered randomly around the world.
Disabled list: The rest. Not available on the map.

Ivory has 2.5% chance to appear in CS list, 4% chance to appear in grass region's regional list, and 14.3% chance to appear in plains region's regional list. Without hitting any of these, it falls right into the Disabled list since it can't be in the Random list.

Since it offers a unique benefit like Marble, I propose to move it to the Special list which will make it available every game, distributed across the map.

Amount will be 0.75 * number of civs, same as Marble.

Difference between this and counterproposal (b) is that this doesn't add it to grassland jungle, as it's unnecessary.

Mapscript Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Which resources can go in the random list? and why is ivory barred from it currently?

Which resources can go in the random list? and why is ivory barred from it currently?
Everything, except Silver, Sugar, Furs, Ivory, Marble. Very specific placement requirements.

Why it is 6-35d, and not 6-36d? Was it changed?

Yes, it looks like it was. The link snapshots don't appear to have updated, but if you follow them the titles are updated.

Yes, it looks like it was. The link snapshots don't appear to have updated, but if you follow them the titles are updated.
Yeah I noticed that my paper cheatsheet got lost with the recent numeration changes. I had to update it all the way long.

I sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom