• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

8 Players lan turned into nightmare. (Firaxis please read)

FraggleSeb

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

This is 9AM here, we just had that 8 players games we talked about. Actually, we had one 8 players game, and two 4 players games.

We had really BAD bugs preventing us from having fun (this is NO good):

- Lag: definitly, big, huge "waiting for player XXX" lag, almost reaching 70% of the time after an hour or two of play.

- The "Popup Bug": the game would show popup under another window whenever it wants, not queuing for later display.. It's hard then to know where to click to go back to a normal screen.

- The "Chat Bug": most of us couldn't type anymore in any textbox as soon as we had the "popup bug", so much for the subtle diplomatics negociations.

The network has been full 100mbits ethernet, or mixed wifi/ethernet. We had a full range of computer from the desktop athlon to the celeron laptop.
Everybody playing French version of PTW 1.27f. (Clean Install, latest DirectX for everybody)

Most of us are wondering HOW could such bugs go past the tests? They are so obvious (we already had them in a previous 4 players games, minus the lag).

Firaxis, please tell us that you are aware of them, and the next patch would resolve all my problems (when?), that my life will shine again..

Btw, on the 4 "newbies", 2 of them won't play the game another time :(

Thanks,

Seb

Originally posted by FraggleSeb
Firaxis, please tell us that you are aware of them, and the next patch would resolve all my problems (when?), that my life will shine again..
Sorry to say this, but there will be no more patches for PTW. Future fixes will come with Conquests and its' patches, just like with 1.29 being the last vanilla patch when PTW came out.

And yep, multiplayer is obviously the thing that needs the most working on (no popups, among other things, is really annoying), and I really, really hope they get it right with Conquests, or a Conquests patch. If not, I won't even think a second about getting the game; if so, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom