840 AD The Golden Age of the Fanatikese.

Yndy

Emperor
All our units landed were destroyed but our Golden Age has started.

Qishen Richu finished Harbor now builds a Courthouse.
Ju Yaosai finished building a Catapult, starts on another one.
Yun Qiuling finished building a Catapult, starts Courthouse/
Kuangbiao Haian shortrushed 200 gold worth of shields and will build the Aqueduct in 2 instead of 5 turns.

Some cities have nothing to produce but military units as I'm not going to start on Libraries that late. Others are building their Aqueducts or Courthouses, there will be a couple of Temples to expand the territory.

Army update. Our non-combat forces now consist of 9 worker, 1 in production, with the Golden Age, some cities actually switched to buildings. We have 16 defenders (1 Spear, 12 Pikes, 3 Musketmen) and a musket in production, the units are used for garrison, I am considering upgrading the ones with have. We have 8 foot offensive units (1 Warior, 1 Sword, 6 MedInfs) which are used as garrison or for patrolling our borders. We have 12 Riders of which 8 in the Caravels and 4 as reserve plus another one in production. I intend to increse their number slowly. We have 5 catapults used as reserve and 2 more in production, I'll also increase their number as they are good for defense and to pick on enemy ships closing on our shores.

I will most probably attempt another landing in the GCA territory if I find a good landing spot.

The picture quality is very low, I know that, I reduced it too much. Sorry.

Attachments

• 840_mainland.JPG
    840_mainland.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 253
Congratulations on the Golden Age! :thumbsup:

Woot! Golden age! :D

Regarding our other riders: I don't think suiciding them on the other continent is wise. We have our golden age. Bring our warriors home! We'll need all of the defenders we can get.

Re: going back. There are two issues here. One is that GCA is definitely low on units, we are stronger than them militarywise so we could survive for a turn if we land on a spot with good defense bonus (such as a forest, a hill or better, a mountain). We also have a musket in our two caravel stack to the South.

The second issue is that I am really hoping that they concern about our landings and thus cannot focus on rebuilding their empire for now. GCA has more land than us but I'd like us to be ahead of them in production for the rest of the game.

GWT wouldn't leave GCA to defend themselves. I'll bet that GWT has troops down in GCA. We can keep looking, but they aren't stupid enough to leave a hill/forest/mountain open for landing. I humbly suggest that we get the riders back, and routinely send empty caravels over there to keep them on their toes. We'll also need a fleet fortified in key spots around our continent for an invasion watch.

Sounds good...

If you can land the musket and riders on some bonus-defenced tile (which isn't very propable), do so. I'd bring the lonely caravels back, though.

We should concentrate on infrastructure now and get our empire into the glory it should be.

Is there any discussion on the future of this forum? Do mods even know this ended?

Should we post a summary of our game at the UN? IMHO this would be nice... GCA is a little bashing us... they say we were the aggressors. Dunno how true this is, but still. Someone who knows should go there and post our views on what happened all the way in the game.. :) And that was an order from the President. :hammer: ;)

We have all the old threads and chats.

Edit: Removed Content

Top Bottom