*_Civ4SpecialUnitInfos loading problem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Premier Valle, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Premier Valle

Premier Valle FF: Babylon 5 Mod Team

Hello everyone! I hope that you can help me.

The problem: HSEMod_Civ4SpecialUnitInfos.xml fails to load

Background:
    I have added two new units to my mod, a "VLS Destroyer" and a "Predator UAV", the first is an upgrade for the original destroyer and has a better interception range (I made this unit to have an alternate modern destroyer), the UAV works like an Airship (obviously modified), has more power and a few other things. I have made the VLS Destroyer capable of carrying a single UAV, so I have to add a new special unit (SPECIALUNIT_UAV).

I'm using Modular XML Loading; and when I try to run the game it fails to load the special units file. Even with a copy of the Civ4SpecialUnitInfos.xml ONLY renamed as HSEMod_Civ4SpecialUnitInfos.xml it cannot load.:confused:

I have temporally solved the problem by using a modified copy of Civ4SpecialUnitInfos in the "Custom Assets" folder, and it runs perfect.
    ---
    Does anyone know why this happens? or how to solve it?
    Thanks in advance!.

2. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

Do you have modular loading on in the game's ini file? By default it is off.

3. Premier Valle

Yep it is enabled, I already have 10 new units working without problem, even the VLS Destroyer can carry the UAV, the problem is that the SpecialUnits xml file fails to load with MXMLL, but according to Kael, this file should be loaded. (Well actually the file tries to load but somehow it fails) :(

4. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

How do you know this?

5. Premier Valle

Because of this:

But... well, when I was trying to get the screenshot, I took the CustomAssets file I had and modified it for modular loading... and it worked!... I had this other file in the recycle bin, and found out the problem:

it had:
    <Civ4SpecialUnitInfos xmlns="x-schema:CIV4UnitSchema.xml">

instead of:
    <Civ4SpecialUnitInfos xmlns="x-schema:HSEMod_CIV4UnitSchema.xml">

...I feel so dumb :sad: :wallbash:

Thank you, frekk, thanks to you I found It.

Sorry to waste your time