A Civ3Theo Game? Sacrifice Here!

You might want to include a pronouciation guide along with that! :p

I think RichardIII met his match in Ehecatl!! I always thought he was a crazy Aztec god anyway. I want to join the Theogame, is it up yet?? My first love will always be the demogame, but I can deal with mistresses.

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
I think RichardIII met his match in Ehecatl!! I always thought he was a crazy Aztec god anyway. I want to join the Theogame, is it up yet?? My first love will always be the demogame, but I can deal with mistresses.

If I have met my match, great for me. I'd like this thing to have as much colour as possible; more story, less process, more bizarre events, fewer "right decisions."

As for pronounciations, that's why I was using Chief Speaker and Caciques, to try and have euro-linguistic equivalents that people could use. We should have both in the game itself.

Just waiting on Ehecatl for the God decision and we can flip the switch. I really really really want this up and running by early this week.

R.III

Originally posted by Ehecatl Atzin
You know, I was doing some reading and it appears that Quetzalcoatl is the dual manifestation of Tezcatlipoca. Huitzilopochtli is also a manifestation of Tezcatlipoca, so I do accept sacrfices!!...

Ehecatl Atzin

I just read this post.

It sounds like a yes to me...

If you want to post some job titles here, post away. I think we need one master list of aztec titles, and an anglo or spanish alternative for each. I see a hierarchy of no more than:

GOD - hell, pick whatever God you want to be in the pantheon: Xipe Totec, Tezcatlipoca, Huehueteotl, whoever. Once you've decided which, tell us which one and why by posting a description here, and I will use it as the basis of an "and [god x] created the Aztecs" writeup to open the game thread.

If both you and Chieftess were to do this, though, it would create the risk that we could sacrifice to one and not the other if our moods changed, so let's start with one god for the moment, ok!? Anyway, given Chieftess' presidential experience and oh-so-apt name, I'd prefer to see her help keep the temporal world running, at least for the first few thousand years. And, while I don't know her personally, I suspect the role of an Aztec Goddess nicknamed "the serpent skirt" might seem a bit too much to ask!!!

CHIEF SPEAKER/Huey Tlatoani/Huitzilihuitzil - Monarch and dictactor, selects mayors from the peons, actually plays the game. If the High Priest is done in, he appoints the priest as well.

HIGH PRIEST/ (?) responsible for writing or delegating the writing of the national history, for corresponding the game calender to the Aztec calendar, and for arranging appropriate Q and A's with the God(s). Advises on religious matters only.

Mayors/Local and Tributary Chieftans, Members of the Tlacxitlan Council - Advise on specific cities, and can be charged by the Chief Speaker to plot battle strategy against the enemies of the Mexica, or to work specific ad hoc jobs for the state.

(re: the name on this, our sources seem to contradict each other; I suspect one problem - and the reason I turned to the spanish word here - is that the actual role/job/title changed from one city to the next).

MACEHUALTIN/Freemen - citizens of Mexica who wait their turn for glory as a potential Mayor.

If you want, feel free to correct these, or post cabinet names, job titles or whatever, but remember, I don't want those positions to be fixed jobs to avoid the rule-heavy, job heavy chaos of the Demogames. In the early stages, the Chief should be able to work fairly quickly without having to delegate too much authority.

So let's get the details ironed out, pick a first Chief and get moving...

I say we go standard size map, random opponents, random terrain to start. Yea? nay?

R.III

Originally posted by Almightyjosh
but wait, you can't do that without posting 10 polls and then a confimation poll WITH an abstain... sorry stuck in demo-mode.

We're moving a little more quickly than that :D.

I've just PMed a few folks on the following proposed threads:

1) a CivTheo records and census thread
2) a CivTheo talking to God thread, for the Chief to ask for guidance from the god and get answers, a thread which must not be polluted with mere chatter
3) a CivTheo Council thread, for council members and the Chief to yack about the meaning of the divine edicts
4) a CivTheo Game in Progress thread to deal with game mechanics and reports, and
5) a CivTheo history thread, for the more intepretative history to be filed at the end of all this.

R.III

Great then! I choose to be hmmm...Tlaloc. The manifestation of water and crops. I would have chosen Ometeotl, the creator of all the gods, but he didn't directly interviened in the matters of mortals. But hey! since most aztec gods are manifestations of others, I will act as all of them. But for practical reasons, call me Tlaloc :D
I'll post all the names later tonight, I'm a little pressed for time in the morning (school and all) so I'll post them when I get back.

Hmmm..why Tlaloc? well, he is one of the oldest gods in mesoamerican cultures, he's the god of rain and patron of farmers. He lives in the Tlalocan, a sort of earthly paradise located in the east where the souls of persons who had drowned or died from a water related sickness would go. He shared the Mayor Temple of Tenochtitlan with Huitzilipochtli and had the most festivals held in his honour every year. Since he is the patron of agriculture and the aztecs reviered maize you can use than as the basis of the creation mith.

Ehecatl Atzin

I might be able to get the theo game its own forum. I have a friend with a website with forums similar to those of vBulletion. If you all would like, I could contact him for a theo game forum.

Originally posted by Ehecatl Atzin
Great then! I choose to be hmmm...Tlaloc. The manifestation of water and crops. I would have chosen Ometeotl, the creator of all the gods, but he didn't directly interviened in the matters of mortals. But hey! since most aztec gods are manifestations of others, I will act as all of them. But for practical reasons, call me Tlaloc :D
I'll post all the names later tonight, I'm a little pressed for time in the morning (school and all) so I'll post them when I get back.

Hmmm..why Tlaloc? well, he is one of the oldest gods in mesoamerican cultures, he's the god of rain and patron of farmers. He lives in the Tlalocan, a sort of earthly paradise located in the east where the souls of persons who had drowned or died from a water related sickness would go. He shared the Mayor Temple of Tenochtitlan with Huitzilipochtli and had the most festivals held in his honour every year. Since he is the patron of agriculture and the aztecs reviered maize you can use than as the basis of the creation mith.

Ehecatl Atzin

Okay then. Although he sounds awfully friendly and pleasant to me, :D .

Originally posted by Richard III

Okay then. Although he sounds awfully friendly and pleasant to me, :D .

Atention Kids! don't read this! :D

LOL..friendly? well...he did like it when children were offered as a sacrifice (people would sacrifice them and then bury them under bridges and near rivers).

--You can continue reading now :)

Ehecatl Atzin

Ok, I'll get the ball rolling. I'm not sure if this is right, but (according to Richard III's pm), I'm to create a random game, and upload the save, correct?

*goes and checks her pm*

Random? completely random?

Ehecatl Atzin

Ok. Will this thread be moved to the new forum?

We could create a new thread there...

Anyway....

The starting location:

Game Save:4000 BC

It isn't really appropriate to the Democracy game. A better location would probably be the Stories forum. This is where demo games were held before they got their own forums. If participation and progress can be shown, TF may relent and grant a forum.

@CT, the starting location is great!!!!...but we aren't english...

Ehecatl Atzin aka Tlaloc

Top Bottom