A couple of beginner questions... replace expedition modules? Hotkeys?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
First real time playing tonight. Fun so far, but questions.....

I have an explorer and used it to create an expedition. Now my explorer has '0' expedition modules. Any way to 're-charge' an explorer with a new module? I looked in the civilopedia - no luck.

Also... whats the hotkey to 'find the next/previous unit'? I don't see it in the civilopedia and I don't see any hotkeys listed in options.

Any comments welcome.

Hello friend. I am happy to see that there are new players around and I will gladly help you to learn all the important things quickly. Feel free to ask anything you want to know more about.

About the hotkey for next unit I don't know it or if there is one, but never felt the need for it either.
To answer your question, there are 4 ways to get more expedition modules. These are:

1) Go back to a city with your explorer - he will now replenish his modules.
2) Laboratory building (you need to build at least 1 and then wait to receive the quest, the timing varies, sometimes can be 1 turn other times more. The building quest asks you between 1 science from labs or 1 extra expedition for explorers.
3) Supremacy affinity level 2 gives you 1 extra module automatically. In vanilla this happens at affinity 1.
4) Prosperity virtue "Pathfinders" gives you 3 expedition modules.

All these can be used efficiently depending on your game plan. I recommend that you build a very large amount of explorers regardless of your plan since the rewards that you get from exploration in this game are simply extreme.

The 'next unit' and 'previous unit' keys are buggy as hell.

I have a soldier and I'll start a new turn. I go through the 'next' or 'prev' keys and the soldier IS NEVER SELECTED.

He has movement points, if I select him I can move him. Once I've selected him he'll show up in the keys.

This is a drag. I like to cycle through my units every turn to see what everyone is up to. But it doesn't freaking work all the time.

KEYS:

https://segmentnext.com/civilization-beyond-earth-hotkeys-list/

Glad that you're trying out the game!

• Returning to a city will replenish the explorer to "full", be that 1 module, 2, or the max 6 if you get all the ways that Tiberiu mentioned.
  • Bonus: When you achieve one of the upgrades, such as the Supremacy affinity or Prosperity virtue, your existing explorers get additional units even if they are far from home. This can save you turns from bringing them all the way back to one of your cities, until they are truly "empty."
  • Since BERT is based on the Civ5 engine and has 1UPT, long go-to commands can be often be interrupted. I tend to give each unit orders to use up its movement points for that turn only, so the game will ask me what to do next. Exceptions are workers and explorers, who will take multiple turns to build improvements or conduct an expedition. They do tend to wake up if a hostile unit comes by. Thus, I haven't ever tried to do the "next unit" hot key since they all come up anyway.

Top Bottom