A couple of questions (settlers, disbanding,tech tree, civ bonuses)

bigjohnson54

Chieftain
This is the first Civ game I have ever played and I enjoy it a lot. I have a couple of quick questions though.

When you establish a city with settlers, what determines the population of the new city?

The Civ bonuses, like 50% more gold production in the medieval era, does this last for the duration of the game or only for that era?

When I let my friend play, I think he clicked one of the analog sticks and it brought up a screen where he could sell a unit for gold. What is this, and is there a chart that tells you how many gold you can receive for a unit.

When a bomber attacks a city and the city has fighters in the city, does the bombers fight the defending fighters every time, even if they aren't the strongest defending unit? Do fighters get a defensive bonus against any other units besides bombers?

When you make an opponent declare war on someone for gold, what does this actually mean? Do they actually have to attack them for five turns, or can they declare war and then offer peace after 5 turns?

I'm sure some of this is covered in the civilopedia, but someone else is always on the Xbox. Thanks in advance.

in order

the age you are in: if ancient: city will be size 2, medieval 3, etc.
If you are chinese you get +1 pop.

yes, bonuses that you pick up during an era last for the rest of the game.

click the right stick: i think it sells them for as many gold as they took hammers to make.

don't know.

No! the opponent can just dick around for 5 turns then make peace.

Heh, when I was younger I was given the nickname before I knew what it meant (last name is johnson). When I found out, I found it funny and use it as a screenname from time to time :)

Man, in the DS version, as far as I'm concerned, you can't even disband.

Yeah, I have the DS version and I can't figure that out.

When a bomber attacks a city and the city has fighters in the city, does the bombers fight the defending fighters every time, even if they aren't the strongest defending unit? Do fighters get a defensive bonus against any other units besides bombers?

Since I believe this is the only question that hasn't been covered, the answer is no.

I've had fighter wings (i.e. armies) defending cities before with modern infantry armies that were well upgraded and the modern infantry armies would defend against bombers (and everything else).

Top Bottom