1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A definition of "Noob/Newby"

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Colossian, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colossian

Colossian Prince

I dont know what is the best definition. But one thing I know what they are doing/thinking.

They are thinking.....

1. Archer is stronger than axeman, using a lot of them.
    2. build workers/settlers during the city has only 1 citizen. And then they usually ask us like this; "How to grow the populations?"
    3. They like teamplay game but they dont know what to do.

They are doing.....

1. Attack fortified/promoted archers who are standing on the hill using a single warrior who doesnt have any promotions.
    2. No one guard their city early in the game, except scouts.

What experiences did you have with them? Who are they?

To be continue.....

2. Efexeye

Efexeye Silly Donkey

Anyone who uses the word "noob" to describe someone else is, by definition, a noob.

3. cleverhandle

cleverhandle King

OP, does making fun of others make you feel better in real-life, too, or just on anonymous Internet forums?

4. Yuri2356

Yuri2356 Test Screening

And if it is used in a manner which is designed to mock the '|\|00|3' in question, within a phrase which otherwise makes proper use of spelling, grammar, ect.?

Anyway:

Newb(ie)s are people who are simply new to something. They are inexperienced, but are willing to take the advice of others and learn the ways of whatever they've gotten themselves into.

On the other hand, a noob, n00b, |\|00|3, ect. is someone who's simply a nonsensical fool who has no clue what they're doing and won't let anyone help them. When faced with a scenario like the above, "Attack fortified/promoted archers who are standing on the hill using a single warrior who doesnt have any promotions," they will blame everything other than their own mistake, and if anyone points that out to them they are flamed and harassed until moderatorial wrath is brought down uppon the n00b.

A newb might head into GD or Strategy, and ask "Attacking a city is difficult, any advice on how to take one down?" Whereas the n00b would start screaming "teh gme si g4y, y cant i pwn teh citiz!!!1!1!???????" (Posssibly in all caps.)

Does talking down to people who try to make humourous observations about others, weather you find them amusing or not, make you feel better in real-life, too, or just on anonymous Internet forums?

To me, the intent of the thread is to define a 'n00b' or newb, and list things that such a person would do in Civ IV, be it out of inexperience or idiocy.

5. Efexeye

Efexeye Silly Donkey

Dude, the OP knows what a noob is. He's just trying to rip on people that aren't as good as he is.

6. civ=braincandy

civ=braincandy Chieftain

im begining to wonder wich is worse newbs or geeks

7. potatokiosk

potatokiosk Deity

Depends on your connotation of those words. You could easily see either one as being worse.

8. Jecrell

Jecrell Ruled: Civ3 - Civ5

You, obviously.

Now go to sleep and cease making such completely silly and pointless posts so I don't have to make retort posts telling you to sleep before you've completely lost your mind.

Unless you've already gone mad.
    In that case, have a banana.

9. *Nosferatu*

*Nosferatu* AHHH!!! BEARS!!!

Ahh, good times, I remember trying to attack a spearman with an axeman, not noticing that the city was also fortified with 4 archers.

10. Marquez

Marquez Chieftain

I would say a Newbie is someone new to Civ 4 who doesn't yet understand the basic mechanics of how that game works but actually comes to this forum, asks questions and learns from others to firgure them out.

A Noob is someone new to Civ 4 who doesn't yet understand the basic mechanics of how the game works but actually comes to this forum and b*itch and moans about why their swordsman just lost to an axeman but doesn't bother to listen to why.

11. COUGAR69

COUGAR69 Chieftain

Uh-Uh-UH I had to read the unit discriptions till I fiqured out why I kept losing.Never face a dude with an ax with a dude with a club.Never face a dude with a bow on a hill or in a city without a dude with a sword.If you do then repeat after me.WELL FUDDDDDDDDDDGE.That did'nt work.WELL DOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOOOO that did'nt work either.LOL.

12. Ultima Dragoon

Ultima Dragoon FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Stop trolling.

Just because you like demeaning people on-line doesn't mean that it won't come back to you. Karma, dude.

13. Desert-Fox

Desert-Fox King

The original poster's definition is not n00b/newbie ... these are idiots :D

n00b is a level where you need to reach:)

14. Tiger_Nation

Tiger_Nation Warlord

This thread is degenerating into everyone insuting everyone else. Which is not a good situation all over.

15. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Moderator Action: Going nowhere. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.