A dumb question - can you get Leaders from barbarians?

hoyatables

Chieftain
I'm 99.9% sure you cannot, but I want to make sure.

Also, I've heard that in the latest patch you can get ARMIES from goody huts - way cool!

I know you can get leaders fighting Barbarians. Is that what you mean? I had this wicked Warrior that took on one of those Barbarian stacks that has like 9 horseman and around the 7th attack I got a Leader out of him.
Of course, the leader got picked off as I was hurrying him back to a city.

It may be possible, but if so, it would probably be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Multiple times, I have had an elite unit kill 30+ barbarians in a single turn, and never gotten a leader. Overall, I've probably killed close to 200 barbarians with elites and never seen a leader.

It may be that this is impossible for any non-militaristic civ, and simply very very rare for them. So, anybody who claims to have seen this, what civ were you playing at the time?

IMHO, both Vampires and Leaders from Barbarian combat are Urban Legends.

OTOH, that is just one man's opinion and he may be an idiot.

jt

Ive gotten a leader from barbarians, as the romans I believe, came in handy for the forbidden palace.....

got one from 12 spearmen/warrior combo defending hilltop from 32 barbs. the second time i got a hero from all the games in fact.

Armies from goodyhuts??? This is new to me, is this really true!!?:confused: this whould be way cool but I doubt it is true, does somebody know more about this? By the way, one time I killed like 50+ babs with an elite unit over a period of 10 turns(3 massive bab uprisings al in the same area) but never got a leader out of it!!:(

Originally posted by Dutchman
Armies from goodyhuts??? This is new to me, is this really true!!?:confused: this whould be way cool but I doubt it is true, does somebody know more about this?
The version of the 1.17f patch released on 14 Feb allows you to get armies, and possibly other advanced units from goody huts. Firaxis have said that this was unintentional, and they quietly fixed it in the version of the patch that they posted on 15 Feb (confusingly, this is also called 1.17f). The 15 Feb version of the patch is currently posted on www.firaxis.com, I don't know if the 14 Feb version is still posted anywhere.

So is some one in the possesion of the 14 feb 1.17f patch or does some one know if I could download it somewhere?!:confused: please post a reply or mail me thanx:goodjob: :goodjob:

Originally posted by Dutchman
So is some one in the possesion of the 14 feb 1.17f patch or does some one know if I could download it somewhere?!:confused: please post a reply or mail me thanx:goodjob: :goodjob:
I don't have it anymore, but it's just a change in the BIC file. You can use the editor re-enable "armies from huts". Just go to the Units tab and set Barbarians as one of the civs allowed to build armies. The 14 Feb patch had all units enabled for Barbarians, but I don't know if you can ever get a unit that requires resources (or even tech) from a hut.

Top Bottom