A few quick questions on modding

Grishnash

Mad Scientist
Hi all. ;)
I was wondering, where is the text for promotes? I can't seem to find them.
And how can I get to the anime for the tower when you get raider?(Or at least some times get shows up.)
And how can I get rid of the impassable text it shows over mountains? I want to make it so some units can go over them, I can make it that can, but the text is still there!
Where are the unit classes? I looked for them but I couldn't find them.
Can I make a building that gives def towards gun units? Cuz so far no building ccan do that.
Thats all for now. Thanks :goodjob:

Hi all. ;)
I was wondering, where is the text for promotes? I can't seem to find them.

it's in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameTextInfos.xml" (BtS only includes the additional and modified text, so you need to get the text sometimes from vanilla Civ4)

Where are the unit classes? I looked for them but I couldn't find them.

look at "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml" ;)

Can I make a building that gives def towards gun units?

not with the default-settings, but it should be possible with combination of XML and Python...

it's in "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameTextInfos.xml" (BtS only includes the additional and modified text, so you need to get the text sometimes from vanilla Civ4)
Thanks! I found them :)

look at "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml" ;)
Umm... I don't have BtS. And I looked in UnitClassInfos of warlords but what I want isn't there. I'm trying to add/edit unit classes like gun and heilcopter.

not with the default-settings, but it should be possible with combination of XML and Python...
Oh, okay. Thanks.

Oh, do you(or anyone) know how to get the xml(or whatever) for the Siege Tower that sometimes appear when you attack a city with the raider promotion? :goodjob:

Umm... I don't have BtS. And I looked in UnitClassInfos of warlords but what I want isn't there. I'm trying to add/edit unit classes like gun and heilcopter.
You mean unitCOMBATS? They are (for warlords/vanilla) in CIV4BasicInfos.xml.

You mean unitCOMBATS? They are (for warlords/vanilla) in CIV4BasicInfos.xml.

Oh... (Didn't know that) Okay, thanks.

Does anyone know about the Siege Tower? I really want to look into it.
Oh, and I'm having Problems making promotions for peaks and desert and ice, I don't how to get their def and doble move to work, little help?

And how can I make peaks passable?

Thanks.

Okay, I got the desert and Ice Promotions to work, but the peaks are harder. I don't think they count as terrain-?

I tryed to make iron, gold, coal, etc, pop up on them but so far I havn't seen any. And I tired to make mines be able to be built on them but only roads will go.
Any idea?

the siege tower is just an extra animation...it has no gameplay effect/presence

as for making peaks passable: each unit has a <bCanMoveImpassable> value in CIV4UnitInfos.xml

the siege tower is just an extra animation...it has no gameplay effect/presence
I just want to see if I can edit to and make it a tank or something, can it be done?

as for making peaks passable: each unit has a <bCanMoveImpassable> value in CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I saw and thats what i'm doing now, but workers can't built on them, and they still say impassable and they don't give def and promotions don't work with them. All these things I'm trying to get done:(

those are both things that can only be changed with the SDK i believe.

I saw and thats what i'm doing now, but workers can't built on them, and they still say impassable and they don't give def and promotions don't work with them. All these things I'm trying to get done:(

In the SDK the code the determines whether or not a terrain type is impassable automatically sets the terrain to impassible for peaks instead of reading whether or not the terrain is impassible according to the terrain infos XML like all other terrain or feature types.
In CvPlot.cpp you will find this code:

Code:
bool CvPlot::isImpassable() const
{
	if (isPeak())
	{
		return true;
	}

if (getTerrainType() == NO_TERRAIN)
	{
		return false;
	}

return ((getFeatureType() == NO_FEATURE) ? GC.getTerrainInfo(getTerrainType()).isImpassable() : GC.getFeatureInfo(getFeatureType()).isImpassable());
}

delete or comment out this code and peaks should act like normal terrain (I did not test it out to see if it works):
Code:
	if (isPeak())
	{
		return true;
	}

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. :D

New Question: Where do I go to change walls from saying they don't give def towards gunpowder units? Thanks! :OP

Top Bottom