A mod that display the specific promotion tree pop-up icons (see description)

Shiroifushicho

Chieftain
Lately playing civ6, i have been pissed of by one serious issue (to me) concerning UI and promotions that never been solved nor imroved. It might not be really important for you, but some sec lost here and here because of that ... If you are a mod creator and you are brave enough to code it, here is the precious idea.

intro : Haven't you ever pissed to look for a specific promoted unit without having to open an hypothetic unit panel ?
There are many promotions in the game and 2 same units, even more with the same experience are hard to distinct in a quick way. Where the fudge is my lvl3 promoted with mov+1 in that lvl3 pack !?

Problem : We can see just after a click on a unit, its tiny promotions gold flags on a right low side of the screen pop up. But they are all the same, you have to make sure to hover every fudging tiny flag to be sure of what promotion it is. There is no way to notice the whole pattern in a sec, and not damn way to make the promotion tree pop again. This is a pain seriously and i don't see why Firaxis didn't just do what im going to say.

Simple Solution : What if we could use the same icons in the promotion tree pop-up (the complexe ones, with sword, shield, +1, movement cross, etc) & minimize their size to make them replace the all-the-same-golden ones ... + they are much more good looking.

Can you imagine how dope that would be ? In few secs, you could identify the exact unit you want in a pack of same promoted units ... You could even find one that got a particular promotion you wanted ... Because a particular path you took in the promotion tree will display different colored icons that result to be a distinctive pattern for your eye when you play.

I would be so glad and thanksfull to have this. Sadly my modding skills are not that high (hate to touch to the whole artdef stuff), can't imagin what would be to take the other icons, minimize them, replace the golden ones, make a compatible version...

I know I know, you are thinking "but this doesn't happen that often rly". And i disagree ... in my last game, at war with 2 civ, with full waves of bersekers defending cities, bersekers production at stakes, my map was quickly filled with a lot of lvl 1,2 and 3 promoted berseker (3-6 of each in same screen). And this situation does happen to me a lot, especially at high lvl difficulties were AI can be rough with you at war. I loose big time and neurons checking my units one by one (and im sure you do aswell), and i don't want to promote them with the same path !

Top Bottom