[R&F] A Monumental Mistake?

Since this thread is derailed from the beginning I would allow myself to ask @Victoria how exactly did you calculate the value to compare this things?
It’s not so simple as you know @FearSunn , the monument lowers in value as the game goes and starts off with 2 culture while a trade route may initially gain you 1 culture + 6 gold perhaps but gets better. It is at this early stage a comparison is fine but you know it is poor. It was really aimed at helping a newish player improve although I am always open to any discussion that makes a monument start better.

A couple of questions after reading through this thread. Would people consider the new Monument buffed, nerfed, or similarly powerful compared to the old Monument? Following on from this, would people consider Rome buffed, nerfed, or similarly powerful after the Monument changes?

A couple of questions after reading through this thread. Would people consider the new Monument buffed, nerfed, or similarly powerful compared to the old Monument? Following on from this, would people consider Rome buffed, nerfed, or similarly powerful after the Monument changes?

Monument: I'd say "same but different". It does two things now, helps solidify border cities as well as providing its traditional culture boost. That the culture boost is reduced while the loyalty boost is required is good game design, and also keeps the change from being a true buff. Most of the time it works like it always did, and when it doesn't, it helps in another way. It's therefore a more interesting building, but not necessarily more powerful (sometimes you'd rather have the +2 culture from the get go, rather than the loyalty boost).

Rome: I guess it follows that this doesn't have a big impact on Rome's relative strength. Flavour wise, it helps Rome establish loyalty over border cities, which seems fine for Rome, but whether it's better or worse in any given city depends on the circumstances for that city.

Top Bottom