[Vote] (6-62) Remove Dependence on Monument for Border Growth Rate

Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sponsor this.

I sympathize with the objective, but I'm concerned about dramatically slowing down the growth of non-capital cities. In non-capital cities, my first building would still be monument, or possibly Smokehouse if I really didn't feel like I needed the extra culture (I always need extra culture). Instead, I just have to either buy up tiles, or wait longer for these cities to become useful and claim key surrounding tiles.

How do you see this slowing down growth in non-capital cities? Building monument first will have a negligible difference compared to current, building smokehouse first will have the same border growth as if you start monument (so the food ticks kick in sooner, if you want that), and any other first-build will see an increase in their second tile acquisition speed compared to the current state, especially if you have culture from other sources such as your pantheon.

Think of it as the +34% border growth rate is being made baseline. Monument first will still net you culture for tiles, and nothing prevents you from continuing to play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom