A Reload Request

Should we allow the reload?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveMcW says that this is an issue that requires the support of a majority of teams not a majority of voters, so I am not sure that this poll will help us.

I think each team needs to decide whether to support a reload or not as a team and then we can hear what the team decides.

By way of explanation, it was a mis-click with the Settler unit selected that caused it to settle in place in a spot it was not supposed to settle a city. This is obviously a mis-click that will have game-long consequences and renders the efforts of many who put thought into it all for nothing. This will hurt us the whole game.

As our opponents I'm sure at some level you want us to have to live with this badly placed accidental city because it hurts us. I am hopeful though that you will be able to see past that and look at the whole game that we are participating in and appreciate the effort put in by people and not let a mis-click affect us every turn for the rest of the game.

I would support a reload for any other team in a similar circumstance, because I would not want to gain advantages over my opponents because of a mis-click, but because I out-played them.

EDIT: Saw your request to move it. If this was supposed to be in the team forum, then I take back my statement about the poll not being helpful. Team polls are what we should have. And see! Mis-clicks can happen and hopefully corrected.

*facepalm*

Yep, mistakes happen.

In principle I want to support the reload. My concern is that a reload may have unforeseen consequences.

As you are my opponent I'd prefer that you play your best game and we win / lose based on the better strategy rather than a silly mistake.

Since it was my action that caused this, I am the one who really owes everyone an explanation.

I logged in at the beginning of the turn, and while I had my computer in my lap my baby started crying, and my wife tried to hand him to me... "Here see if you can get him to stop" I did not have time to exit out of the game or put the laptop down. TBH I'm not exactly sure what happened, my finger may have brushed the mousepad button when I reached for my son, or maybe his little feet hit the button, or maybe when I tried to lift the laptop out of my lap to sit my son down, I accidentaly pressed a button... I mean my son was screaming, so I just wasn't paying close attention to what was going on with the Civilization IV game. I am really sorry for inconveniencing everyone. I truly am.:(

I will just say this and let the chips fall where they will with the team voting going on... One of the reasons I like this kind of game, is because you get to play at a slower pace and talk things out, and carefully plan things like where you build a city. I play MP games occasionally, and I understand in MP games, how its Blazing speed, and you make mis-clicks and forget to do things, and make mistakes... and its just too bad, because that is the nature of blazing speed...

But this is not a Blazing Speed MP game. The location of the city that I screwed up was carefully planned over weeks and weeks. It was painstakingly voted on. this is not a wrong scout move. We have already made wrong scout moves this game and not asked for a reload, because we know the difference between that and something like this,... that is a small matter to fix... but a HUGE deal if we are asked to just accept it. I mean this is the very beginning of the turn and no one has ended/played their turn yet. I think that alone should make a huge difference to people.

Robi asked "where do you draw the line?", and I think that was galdarian's sentiment too. Well I have to draw the line in the sand somewhere too. If this is how you guys want to win the game then OK, you win. I would rather wait to play the next MTDG on Civ V then continue under these conditions, because TBH the game would be a farce if we are forced to keep a city founded in some random location because people are trying to exploit the situation.

When we were planning the game, DaveShack was brave enough to say 'Look, if you guys are not going to allow pauses then I'm not going to participate, because that's not reasonable'... Indiansmoke was brave enough to say 'If I find out this map is on tiny isolated islands then it will be a farce and I won't participate any longer' and now I'm saying it, forcing us to accept a randomly founded city is a sham and a farce, and totally unreasonable under the circumstances, and I honestly can't see how we can be expected to continue after that. I don't know if SilentConfusion wants to continue alone, but if not then I am the only available turnplayer on AMAZON at the moment. So there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom