A single Question

Dr.Pseikone

Chieftain
My dear friends that work in this important project:

I do not know if I can make requests in this place, but I would like to ask you if it's possible to make a system of coordinates (X,Y) to help to manage better the locations of your troops, as well, to manage better the resources? Both Civ 2 and Colonization had such feature, and that one was great, because you could plan to found cities ahead, as you can writen down plans in a copybook, like I used to do in colonization and CIV 2! So what do you think?

Dr. Pseikone

Requests are fine, but I'm not familiar with the system your proposing. I think you want their to be a read out on the User Interface as to what the X,Y coordinates of plot are? That sounds simple but it could be a bit of a cheat before you discover calendar/build stonehenge as your not really supposed to know that until then, a check to show info only after that discover would fix that issue.

I'm not very good in the UI so you might also want to ask some other moders like Gurav if they can try it.

Thank you! I do not know if you notice while you were playing in both civ 2 and colo that every square tile had a x for longitude and y for latitude! It helped a lot to plan ahead, especially when you are about to found a city! Borders were a greast addition for later civ games, but that feature I was refering to was very fundamental! I will talk to the people you have suggested me! I really consider the coordinates a very nice feature! I think you can have this feature as you create the stonehenge or discovering a sort of the mapmaking (I know that civ 4 have not such tech, but something equivalent to such tech would allow this feature in the earlier period of a game)!

Dr. Pseikone

Top Bottom