Achievement questions

jkg777

Chieftain
Hello,

I'm new to the civ series and addicted to it. :D So I decided to see how many achievements I could get.

I've been searching for a while now and can't seem to find out the differences between the following achievements. Maybe someone can shed some light on my confusion. :crazyeye:

I see the following:

1 a) It satrap! - Win as Darius I
b) Age of Empire - Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Darius.

2 a) Grecian Formula - Win as Alexander
b) The Man Who Would Be King - Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Alexander.

3 a) Ra's Mighty Truth - Win as Ramesses II
b) Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka - Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Ramesses II.

So what's the difference between 1a and b, 2a and b, 3a and b?

They seem to be duplicates but when I won as Alexander I got the "The Man Who Would Be King" achievement but not the "Grecian Formula" so they must be different.

So how do I get the "Grecian Formula" achievement?

Also is it possible to get:

"Experimenter" - (Play a game with a Mod),
"Connoisseur" - (Rate a Mod achievements) or
"Expansionist" - (Download a Mod) achievements?

I downloaded a mod using the civ download screen (subscribed to it on steam workshop and then selected in under the mods section), played a game with it and got the "Experimenter" - (Play a game with a Mod). but none of the others.

Thanks,
Joe

Beat the game on any difficulty setting as... is the general achievement.
Win as... is specifically for the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.

Winning in that scenario should give you both of these achievements.

The mod related achievements are most likely broken since the expansion since they changed how this works without adjusting the achievements accordingly. Gotta wait for a patch.

Some of the Scenario specific achievements are poorly labeled, and don't indicate they are for a particular scenario:

- The Mongol scenarios are clearly labeled

- Most of the New World achievements are also clearly labeled (though not All Aboard the Orient Express or Au in the EU)

- The Paradise Found achievements are poorly labeled (Surviving the Marquesas, Bora! Bora! Bora!, Head and Shoulders Above the Rest, Ngata Chance, and Do you have a little Captain in you?)

- The Viking achievements are poorly labeled (Time to Stitch a Tapestry, Odin's Chosen Warrior, Purple People Eaters, This was their Finest Hour, Fetchez la Vache!) and/or could be more specific (You The Conqueror, Surviving Domesday, Surviving Ragnarok).

- Fear the Turtle correctly clarifies it is for the Korean Scenario, but not Samurai Delicatessen, Yow Ming!, Emperor Fu Manchu, Taekwon-DOH!, Dragon Emperor, A Righteous Victory, Honoring the Ancestors, and Seoul Power).

- The achievements you are looking at are specifically for the Ancient Wonders scenario (not labeled): Party in hattUSA, Grecian Formula, Epic Gilgamesh, Ra's Mighty Truth, It satrap!, Thoughtful Telemachus, Odysseus the Great Tactician, Far-Shooting Apollo, Bright-Eyed Athena, All-Achieving Zeus, Know Thy Enemy, and IIRC, Wonderwall and Reverse Engineer).

- Fortunately, the G&K achievements are properly labeled with the correct scenarios.

If you're detail oriented, you might notice you can notice patterns in the pictures/images - scenario-specific achievements often have a different background.

Also, be aware that many of the scenarios have altered versions of leaders/civilizations and might not always count for normal achievements (though sometimes they do). Just because they may have the same name or image does not necessarily mean they count for the non-scenario achievements.

FeiLing and Halcyan2,

Thanks for the the fast replies and the information. Now only 183 more achievements to go! :lol:

Regards,
Joe

Go for "KHAAAAAAAAAN!" It's the best achievement there is!

Top Bottom