[BTS] Adding a Civ Takes Away First Contact Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator
I have a puzzler that I cannot solve and I'm hoping that someone can help me with it.

I'm adding a civ pack to BAT 5.0 before I release it and it's working great, except that the first contact text for every civ but the ones in the civ pack go away. I'm using Actual Quotes from Willowmound and I have placed all of the diplo text into that file because if I don't, the game won't load the XML text from the Modules folder. If I take the civ pack out, the first contact text comes back for all Civs. All of the other text is intact and working.

Here's what I have done:
  • I've checked all XML files for errors
  • I've tried to use the modular Diplo text XML from the civ pack alone (works for the civ pack but not for regular civs.)
  • I have all of the text put into the Civ4DiplomacyText.XML file (Willowmound's version). It loads without errors if I don't put the civ pack in.
  • I have deleted Civ4DiplomacyInfos in the civ pack's modular files - and put them back
I know that there is some wonky loading going on. I just can't figure it out. And why only the first contact text? Why not all the diplo text?

Any help on this would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom