Adding a LUA file to a mod

DeepSoul

Warlord
Need help on how to add a LUA file to a mod in modbuddy. I've added it to the project I want to build, but do you need to do something to make it work? I know that with some files you have to add frontend and in-game actions but I really don't know what to do with a LUA file.

I believe you need to use an AddGameplayScripts action type within your actions list. Whether that goes frontend or in-game will depend on what you are doing. I would guess it is most likely to be an in-game action, though.

I believe you need to use an AddGameplayScripts action type within your actions list. Whether that goes frontend or in-game will depend on what you are doing. I would guess it is most likely to be an in-game action, though.

I did that, but I just noticed I have no asset manager option. I have downloaded the development assets and when I try to build the project I get an error "cannot find asset cooker". What's wrong?

Last edited:
I did that, but I just noticed I have no asset manager option. I have downloaded the development assets and when I try to build the project I get an error "cannot find asset cooker". What's wrong?
I haven't come across that error before, I'm afraid. Are you saying you cannot launch the Asset Editor? FYI, you would launch it from within ModBuddy. With a project open, it's via Tools --> Asset Editor.

If you're getting an error that fundamentally prevents a mod from being built, it could be that the installation either didn't work as expected, or something in the paths isn't configured correctly. I would expect the Asset Editor to install as a component of the Civilization VI SDK Tools - the same installation that results in you having ModBuddy.

It could also be that you are referencing art assets in your mod, somehow, that it cannot reconcile (and is producing an error that is not very intuitive). But, again, I'm speculating - I've never seen the error before.

I haven't come across that error before, I'm afraid. Are you saying you cannot launch the Asset Editor? FYI, you would launch it from within ModBuddy. With a project open, it's via Tools --> Asset Editor.

If you're getting an error that fundamentally prevents a mod from being built, it could be that the installation either didn't work as expected, or something in the paths isn't configured correctly. I would expect the Asset Editor to install as a component of the Civilization VI SDK Tools - the same installation that results in you having ModBuddy.

It could also be that you are referencing art assets in your mod, somehow, that it cannot reconcile (and is producing an error that is not very intuitive). But, again, I'm speculating - I've never seen the error before.

I figured out what was wrong. Because I installed the game on drive C I also had to install the tools on C or it doesn't work. Don't ask me why but now I recall having that issue before. Might be good to know.

Top Bottom