Adding Factions without FACEDIT

orinsul

Warlord
FACEDIT doesnt work on my new computer, it all comes up black and grey boxes.
How do you add additional factions into the game without the editor? I assume the loading in the editor and saving to import in just adds the file name into a list in one of the great multitude of txt files but im having bad luck at finding it.
So what's the way around FACEDIT for SMAX?

Assuming that you have already made/acquired a faction text file, all you need to do is open up your alphax.txt and scroll down all the way to the very bottom, and then scroll up a few lines to get to the "#CUSTOMFACTIONS" section. Then what you want to do is, on its own line, type your faction text file's filename without the extension twice with a comma in between.

For example, if I had custom factions known as "light.txt" and "oblivion.txt" I would have:
Code:
#CUSTOMFACTIONS
LIGHT, LIGHT
OBLIVION, OBLIVION

brilliant thanks that was exactly what i was looking for!

One of my biggest problems with Alien Crossfire is the maximum number of factions. On a huge Planet, seven factions leaves vast amounts of territory unclaimed. In all my years playing AC, I have never found anyone able to correct this.

Is there anyway to get more than seven factions into the game?

no. but scient has promised to look into that. so, making some lobby on this matter can't hurt .

Top Bottom