• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

That icon is really nice looking.
Bit late, but thanks, I really like the colours :crazyeye:
-----
Algeria's finished and is now available for download! :p Focused on Faith, defensive warfare and strategic resources :)

I've been spewing a few ideas around the place, so if you wanted to do a Tuvan Civ, I've got a set for that. Also the Kingdoms of Kent, Wessex, Mercia, and sundry others.

Algeria looks great. What other Civs do you have planned?

Thanks :) I don't have plans for a future civ at the moment. For now I will probably update a couple of civilizations before starting a new one.

I've been spewing a few ideas around the place, so if you wanted to do a Tuvan Civ, I've got a set for that. Also the Kingdoms of Kent, Wessex, Mercia, and sundry others.

I'll take a look at them and let you know if anything interests me :p

Scapegrace, may I ask; would you be interested in a full-out Dark-Age Britain set? I've had that interest for a while now, I've just not been courageous enough to peruse it. I really hope it does interest you, DJSHenninger; I'd be up for helping in whatever way possible if you are.

In other news, Algeria looks great! I'll probably test them out later.

Scapegrace, may I ask; would you be interested in a full-out Dark-Age Britain set? I've had that interest for a while now, I've just not been courageous enough to peruse it. I really hope it does interest you, DJSHenninger; I'd be up for helping in whatever way possible if you are.

In other news, Algeria looks great! I'll probably test them out later.

Sure :p I should probably find a list of kingdoms first, it seems rather complicated :lol:
Then perhaps we should check which kingdoms are already represented by decent mods. I'd probably start with the kingdoms with the best art availability. And thanks for the compliment :)

List of kingdoms coming up:

Spoiler :
The Picts
Dál Riata
Kingdom of the Isles/The Hebrides
Strathclyde
Northumbria
Kent
Wessex
Mercia
Wales
Normandy (somewhat optional)
Connacht
Leinster
Ulster
Munster

Ok, Irish split in there as well, but you know. Most of those are just there to fill some blank spaces, though I swear I've missed out a huge chunk in North-West England...

List of kingdoms coming up:

Nice :) I thought JFD had a Normandy civ? Or at least something with a similar name :lol: And you have Dál Riata. I'll probably pick out the best documented kingdoms :mischief:

Hiram has the Picts, and I'm doing a version at the moment as well (admittedly, it's quite a few people doing it, but I have the solution :p). JFD's Normandy is out of action, and I'm not sure how intent he is on redoing it. I was just listing the general civs I'd expect, not necessarily what would be in it.

Hey DJSHenninger, I really like your collection of mods. I'm impressed by your inventive designs and representation of so many underused Civs!

I've been planning a Wessex Civ for a while. Due to my lacking art/coding skills, progress was slow. I managed to make a Civ icon, as seen below. I got part of the UA working, and a basic version of the UU and UB in XML, but it was hard to stay focused when I didn't have a great idea of how to do it.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in my design for some ideas. Overall, a defensive Civ with light Faith and Science bonuses. The UA is based on some of the many accomplishments of King Alfred the Great: you hunt down the troublesome ransacking barbarians, do some Christianisation in the peace process, and afterwards develop education within your religious institutions. The UU simulates a sort of feudal-style militia, offensively weak but ready to protect their homes. The UB encourages the wide spread of defensive buildings, gives an incentive to build Walls early on, and help prepare you for sudden invasions:
Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Wessex - Alfred the Great

UA: Great Heathen Vanquishers - +20% Combat Strength vs. Barbarians. Gain Faith from clearing Barbarian encampments. +3 Science from Belief-enabled Buildings.

UU: Fyrd - Replaces Pikeman. -3 Combat Strength. +15% Combat Strength in Friendly Lands. Cover I. Can be cheaply upgraded from Workers.

UB: Burh - Replaces Walls. +1 Production, +1 Gold. +3% Land Unit Production per every Burh in the Empire. (could be a UI instead?)

The Picts (Done by others)
---
Dál Riata (Aedan mac Gabrain)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Three Kindreds
Occupied Coastal Cities stay in Resistance for half the usual time. Gain additional Faith from Trade Routes to Civilizations with whom you have a Declaration of Friendship.
UU: Currach (replaces Trireme)
Weaker and faster than the Trireme it replaces. May also perform Trade Missions.
UI: Insular Cross (all new!)
Unlocked at Masonry. +1 Faith. Additional +1 Faith and +2 Culture after Archaeology is researched, and generates another +1 Faith if the City working it contains a Monastery. If Pillaged, gain 50 Faith.
---
Kingdom of the Isles/The Hebrides
---
Strathclyde
---
Northumbria
---
Kent (Aethelberht)
Start Bias: Coastal
UA: Invicta
Land Units gain a +10% Combat Bonus while defending, with an additional +5% bonus for each Kentish Great Work in the Capital.
UU: Bretwalda (replaces Great General)
Standard Great General bonuses. In addition, may be spent to generate Tourism while at war with the target Civilization, or create a Great Work of Writing.
UI: Oast House (All new!)
Can only be built on flat land with access to Fresh Water. +1 Food and +1 Culture. The Culture yield rises to +2 after Architecture is discovered, and +3 after Biology is discovered. Unlocked at Engineering.
---
Wessex
---
Mercia
---
Wales (part of the Celtic split already)
---
Normandy (William I)
Start Bias: Grassland
UA: First Crusaders
Mounted Units start with Shock I, do additional damage against Units from Civilizations that follow a different majority religion, and generate Faith per turn when garrisoned in a City. The Production costs of Land Units are increased by 33%.
UU: Milites (replaces Knight)
Substantially stronger than the Knight it replaces, but more expensive to build and cannot be bought with Gold. May be purchased with Faith.
UB: Opus Gallicum (replaces Castle)
+15 City Defensiveness, +100 HP. The City in which it is built generates Faith when its bombardment kills an enemy unit.
---
Connacht
---
Leinster
---
Ulster
---
Munster
---

More coming soon! =]

Really? Cool! Let's have a look, then.

Hey DJSHenninger, I really like your collection of mods. I'm impressed by your inventive designs and representation of so many underused Civs!

I've been planning a Wessex Civ for a while. Due to my lacking art/coding skills, progress was slow. I managed to make a Civ icon, as seen below. I got part of the UA working, and a basic version of the UU and UB in XML, but it was hard to stay focused when I didn't have a great idea of how to do it.

Thanks :D I'll keep your ideas in mind if I'm going to make Wessex. Just one note: I think lowering combat strength by 3 and increasing by 15% in friendly lands makes it a weaker, situational pikeman (although if it stays on upgrade, it may be more useful).
----
Thnx for the ideas, Scapegrace. Gives me something to start with :)

Thanks :D I'll keep your ideas in mind if I'm going to make Wessex. Just one note: I think lowering combat strength by 3 and increasing by 15% in friendly lands makes it a weaker, situational pikeman (although if it stays on upgrade, it may be more useful).
----
Thnx for the ideas, Scapegrace. Gives me something to start with :)

You're welcome. Great! Yeah, maybe I overestimated the value of Cover I on the Fyrd. I have a City list and Spy names should you ever need those too.

You're welcome. Great! Yeah, maybe I overestimated the value of Cover I on the Fyrd. I have a City list and Spy names should you ever need those too.

Nice, I think I'll try Carantania first and then I'll start with Medieval England. I think Wessex will be the first, since Alfred the Great is a well documented leader with plentiful pictures of statues and such.

In the meantime, I've updated the Seljuqs:
- UI no longer requires 6 adjacent land tiles but instead may not be built on Desert with access to Fresh Water.
- Siege Units no longer have +20% range strength
- Tech boost increased from 25 to 34%
- Barathor's More Pantheon Addon support added and the Beliefs Guide is now complete

Top Bottom