• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

I know, right? Spearmen upgrade so poorly. That's why they should definitely buff the Anti-Tank Gun and Da Choppa. They're just so... they're just so bad. You get Tanks at Combined Arms and you get Anti-Tank Guns at the same tech, and the one is definitely a million times better than the other. 'S'why I've been trying to think of a decent ATG replacement for bloody ages. It's hard, man. It's hard. =]

It's a bit of a gap, since cavalry is more like 18th century or later. Knight would probably be better if you wanted historical accuracy. Might change it, but Ive already updated it plenty of times.

I said "After 17th century" :)

Their most important battles were against Dzungar Khanate and Russian Empire in 18th and 19th century. Ablai Khan was also Khan in 18th century.

Don't think I'm just a hater, I love factions you added to the game and I want to help. Since I have no idea about modding, I can help only with historical accuracy. :)

Regards.

Just had a look through Azerbaijan's stuff - great Civ, btw - and I've realised that you've included the current national anthem as the peace theme. WHY? Why would you do the thing? I remember hearing it when they played England at the football and it was bleedin' torture! It was more miserable than Leonard Cohen reading a collection of suicide notes and it went on FOREVER!

=]

It was suggested and I thought 'Why not? Saves me the trouble of searching for one.' But if you know any better themes.. ;)

I said "After 17th century" :)

Their most important battles were against Dzungar Khanate and Russian Empire in 18th and 19th century. Ablai Khan was also Khan in 18th century.

Don't think I'm just a hater, I love factions you added to the game and I want to help. Since I have no idea about modding, I can help only with historical accuracy. :)

Regards.

Yeah thanks, I just meant that replacing a unit normally using guns with a unit using spears feels wrong :p Like Hoop Thrower said, maybe Lancers, but indeed, they kinda suck. But I've no problems with an extra buff or two ^^

Yeah, I suggested that as the peace theme, because I couldn't find anything else that worked better at the time :(

Lancer is the Cavalry unit that fits the Period... problem is that Lancers are pretty much useless.

No they're not!
(That being said, i only use lancers with amphibious and coastal raider 1 promotions, and we all know when that happens...:p)

Er, not the greatest example you could have used. =]

Anyway, DJ, I'll get back to you with regards to Azerbaijani folk music, but, um... you could probably stick with it. Because I don't want to trawl through YouTube's bank of Azerbaijani folk music. I just... don't. If you think the comments on normal YouTube videos are bad, hoo boy, you ain't seen nothing yet. Holocaust denialism is just the tip of the iceberg.

How the hell you get an iceberg to calve in the shape of a swastika is beyond me, though. =]

Ah... you gonna tell me you never had the joy of seeing comments of Balkan related videos?
Once you've gone through that these kinds of things don't really face you anymore...

Edit: It wasn't too difficult to find good music, it was more of a challenge to find music in good quality...

Link to video.

Er, not the greatest example you could have used. =]

Anyway, DJ, I'll get back to you with regards to Azerbaijani folk music, but, um... you could probably stick with it. Because I don't want to trawl through YouTube's bank of Azerbaijani folk music. I just... don't. If you think the comments on normal YouTube videos are bad, hoo boy, you ain't seen nothing yet. Holocaust denialism is just the tip of the iceberg.

How the hell you get an iceberg to calve in the shape of a swastika is beyond me, though. =]

In-game Tercio is both pike and musket inf while all equivalents are pure musket inf. So adding melee unit to Military Science does make sense. Batyrs were famous even in 18th century. They were most feared soldiers in steppes.

DJS you may like this. A scene from a movie about 18th century Kazakhs.

Btw, Batyr usually translate as Knight but that doesn't mean knight. Batyr means "valiant warrior" They were heroes of extraordinary courage, fearlessness. People translating it as knight probably because pope's envoy described them as knights.

Link to video.

Well thats the difference, im fine with them using both melee and gun, but not just melee. Maybe they did use guns and all that, but i dont think there are associated animations for a combination :/
Anyway, i want to move on to my other civs as well or ill never be able to make new ones :p

Well thats the difference, im fine with them using both melee and gun, but not just melee. Maybe they did use guns and all that, but i dont think there are associated animations for a combination :/
Anyway, i want to move on to my other civs as well or ill never be able to make new ones :p

Sorry man. Didn't mean to push this much :(

Northumbria and Sassanids, please.:)

Hello, DJSHenninger.
I noticed that you've been updating the art of some of your modded civs. I thought I'd share the map to a Yugoslavia mod that I've attempted to make in the past and never got around to finishing.
Or, if you prefer a map that matches your colour scheme better:
Feel free to use or edit them if you want. Or not, if you don't feel like it. The same goes for anyone else who wants to make a Yugoslavia mod :).

Northumbria and Sassanids, please.:)

Will update the easier ones first such as Bosnia, Pakistan, Kingdom of Yugoslavia, Vietnam (with no major art updates), and then I'll move on to those requiring more new art. Though I know that The Sassanids' leader art isn't the best, it'll have to do for now :p

Hello, DJSHenninger.
I noticed that you've been updating the art of some of your modded civs. I thought I'd share the map to a Yugoslavia mod that I've attempted to make in the past and never got around to finishing.
Feel free to use them if you want. Or not, if you don't feel like it. The same goes for anyone else who wants to make a Yugoslavia mod :).

I've just released the update for SFR Yugo and want to do others first, but thanks anyway, looks good ;)

Hello, DJSHenninger.
Feel free to use or edit them if you want. Or not, if you don't feel like it. The same goes for anyone else who wants to make a Yugoslavia mod :).

Welcome to the forum! :D
Your art is great! How do people even make those maps... i want some too....:cry::cry::cry:

@Moda: I concur with Natan - and that feels kinda... icky - those are brilliant maps. I'm certain you could get a lot of people asking you to do those for them, especially some of the smaller crews. Welcome to the forum and keep up the good work! =]

Also, DJ, d'you want me to cook up some UCI lines?

@Moda: I concur with Natan - and that feels kinda... icky - those are brilliant maps. I'm certain you could get a lot of people asking you to do those for them, especially some of the smaller crews. Welcome to the forum and keep up the good work! =]

Also, DJ, d'you want me to cook up some UCI lines?

Pax Natanica....
Also, DJ, do you need some music?
(Gotcha?:D:crazyeye:)

Top Bottom