Advice needed: Mid game Tech extraction

Fi$h

Chieftain
Hi!

One thing that always bothers me, because i can't find a right way to do it is midgame tech extraction:

I do a Rennaisance rush on Cyrus who has really awesome land and surprisingly built a lot of wonders and has a tech advantage on almost anybody (but hasnt got rifles, so he was doomed).
Now the war is over, i captured 9 cities, razed 5 and well, one last city remaining...

Options for aquiring his tech:

a) eradicate enemy, self research with improved economy
b) accept capitulation, get a few techs (gets -X we don't like our rivals being vassals)
c) peace for techs, another war 10 turns later... (gets -X declared war on our friend)
d) spies

bcd) means that all my captured cities long to join their motherland...

Thanks for your attention.

c) peace for techs, another war 10 turns later... (gets -X declared war on our friend)

If you've got him down to 1 city without him vassalizing himself to another civ, this is probably the best choice. Getting -1 diplo with his former friends shouldn't hurt much. Heck, he probably doesn't have many friends if he didn't vassalize to anyone.

c)

In worst case he will vasalize under someone. Well, if you get good techs you can probably can live with this.

He is very likely to voluntarily vassalize to an AI. I would just polish him off and not worry about his techs. Tech em yourself.

He is very likely to voluntarily vassalize to an AI. I would just polish him off and not worry about his techs. Tech em yourself.

It sounds like he's already had plenty of time to do that and he hasn't yet. He probably won't in the 10 turn peace interval. Even if he does vassalize, you either whip away the motherland unhappiness, or declare war and prepare to fight the master.

honetsly dpends on techs, if that is divine right.... on other hand i would sneeze at something like economics

It sounds like he's already had plenty of time to do that and he hasn't yet. He probably won't in the 10 turn peace interval. Even if he does vassalize, you either whip away the motherland unhappiness, or declare war and prepare to fight the master.

He's probably trying to become a vassal, but none of the AI are willing to go to war with the OP. If the OP makes peace, it's very likely that the AI will become someone's vassal.

kill it off ASAP, the happiness boost to your conquered cities is well worth it - they becomes 100% your culture and thus instantly available for drafting under nationhood

Top Bottom