Age of Heroes: A Late Bronze Age Scenario

I downloaded this a week ago and have played a couple games as Egypt and the Hittites. It's a nice scenario and I rather like the map itself: it feels pretty geographically correct and the civilizations represented present a nice variety for gameplay. I have a couple bugs to report as well as a couple suggestions for better gameplay.

- Nile Spearman has an erroneous cost of 1 population
- Sanctuary of Arinniti (Hittite-culture group great wonder) does not provide a Shrine for every city on the continent

Those are the only two bugs I've seen so far. I haven't had any problems with crashing or anything else. I do have a few suggestions for future edits:
Thanks for the feedback Leobon.
- Population growth seems too restrictive with a food cost of 3 per citizen. In my own game I lowered this to the normal 2 and also increased the value of irrigation by 1 on each tile that allows for irrigation.
I want to be able to slow down city growth rate, but I didn't implement it as well as I would have liked. I'll be uploading a Swedish scenario soon and the growth rate will be similar to what I have implemented in that scenario.
- There are only 3 scientific ages, and the game starts out with the first age being almost over. There isn't much innovation or military variety, with a lack of artillery, not many naval units, and not many land units. One tree for Archers, one for Spearmen, Chariot, Swordsmen, and that's about it. This brings me to my last point:
The tech tree is something I want to overall to address some these problems, particularly I want the scenario to start at the beginning and spread out where units are researched a bit.

- Chariots are better than Swordsmen. I haven't played all the civilizations or looked at every single variety of Swordsmen in the BIQ but the ones I have looked at, Chariots essentially have the exact same attack/defense/HP stats as a Swordsman but have better movement. I never bothered building anything other than Chariots and Heavy Spearmen.
This is something I have to work on in the next version, I think I've gotten better at diversifying the units in my Swedish scenario, so unit stats will be altered, so you build more than two units.

This is one of the best scenarios I have played. However, I have the same problem as 2 earlier players: the game crashes when SOME player (including AI) discovers a Construction. I have never seen anything like this: a 'head' appears without a text box, and then the screen goes blank and error message says 'The program stopped working'.

I have reached this point playing 3 different civs: it is all the same - on 2 different computers. If I delay Construction discovery myself, it works for some more turns, until some other player discovers it.

I do not use 'noraze.exe' file.

Any advice?

I have reached this point playing 3 different civs: it is all the same - on 2 different computers. If I delay Construction discovery myself, it works for some more turns, until some other player discovers it.

I do not use 'noraze.exe' file.

Any advice?
I was never able to duplicate this crash and so I couldn't find a fix. My only suggestion would be to make the tech 'unattainable' a prerequisite to 'construction'. You will lose access to the 'Large Stone Walls' and the Wonders for the next tech (Epic Works). You could add these to different techs but, one or more of these buildings may be the reason for the crash in the first place.

Barbarian Tech Tree
Spoiler :

Civilized Tech Tree
Spoiler :

New graphics for the Pantheon (Space Race)
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Tech Tree-Ealry Bronze Age.jpg
    Tech Tree-Ealry Bronze Age.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 542
  • Tech Tree-Late Bronze Age.jpg
    Tech Tree-Late Bronze Age.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Tech Tree-Heroic Age.jpg
    Tech Tree-Heroic Age.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 550
  • Pantheon (Space Race).png
    Pantheon (Space Race).png
    457.9 KB · Views: 566
  • Silversmith.png
    Silversmith.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 539
  • Penteconter.png
    Penteconter.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 570
  • Altar of Baal.png
    Altar of Baal.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 565
Probably 2-3 months. Most everything is finished, I just need to work out the bugs and make sure it is balanced.

Don't you want to modify your plans slightly? :) I wasn't able to ever finish your awesome mod because it takes to long to play, turns changing to slow. Random maps allow us to play on smaller maps with less civs and play this faster and finish it.

Don't you want to modify your plans slightly?
Right now I have no interest in playing a random map game myself, but I'll add city lists and settler units to the scenario, so it can be converted to a random map mod.

I wasn't able to ever finish your awesome mod because it takes to long to play, turns changing to slow.
In the test games I have been playing the turn times are going by much faster. I've taken out the immobile units, which were the main reason for slow turn times.

Right now I have no interest in playing a random map game myself, but I'll add city lists and settler units to the scenario, so it can be converted to a random map mod.

That's what I need. Thank you. If your mod is done properly then yes I can make random maps in one minute. Before with previous version I was not possible to do it without additional work.

I have just started playing Civ3 Conquests again after years just to play this scenario!

It's just awesome, gameplaying, setting etc. but I also have to say I found some crashes with the happy counselor face appearing without a message underneath. It seems to be construction-related, that is, if my game crashes after I end the turn I have to load the autosave and stop (change production) to whatever city is 1 turn away from building completion... when I do this the game stop crashing, and usually it's no problem if I complete some buildings the next turn. Any clue about this?

Thank you for the nice words Picenian and welcome to the forum. There are a few annoying little crashes like this one and I've never been able to find out why. I'm finishing up on a new version of this scenario, and so far I haven't had any random crashes. At least for now it seems like you've found a work around for the problem.

looking forward to the next version!!! Actually I just got kicked in the butt in my Mycenaean game... Egyptians achieved a cultural victory D:

guys i think i'm doing something wrong, i downloaded all the files, put them in the specific folders (i think) but i don't find this scenario under conquests

guys i think i'm doing something wrong, i downloaded all the files, put them in the specific folders (i think) but i don't find this scenario under conquests

It should show up in the 'civ content' section.

Place the folder and the biq into this file path
-Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete-->Conquests-->Scenarios

I hope this helps.

Screenshots from Age of Heroes 2

Attachments

• Amarna-Amyklai.jpg
    Amarna-Amyklai.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 141
  • Babylon Captured.jpg
    Babylon Captured.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Ethiopians.jpg