Ages of Man: the BUG REPORTS thread

In that case, the first thing I'd ask is that you check your logfiles/tuner. You'll need to enable logging, first, but I'd like to see the xml.log, Database.log, and Lua.log during one of these crashing games. Some of the possible crash causes won't give any kind of error in these files, but quite a few would, especially anything involving conflicts with other mods/DLCs. These'll at least tell me if there

Also, just to make sure: you're using a PC version of the game (not Mac), updated to the latest version on Steam?

Finally, when you say you've got the latest version of AoM, you mean the Base mod (Ages of Man - Base) and not the Mythology mod (Ages of Man - Age of Mythology)?

Beyond that, it's always possible that the files got corrupted somehow. No one's mentioned any major issues with their downloads, so you might just want to try downloading the files again and see if the problem persists. Or, wait until the next version (which should be out by next week, as I'll be spending most of this upcoming weekend modding), and see if that fixes anything.

In that case, the first thing I'd ask is that you check your logfiles/tuner. You'll need to enable logging, first, but I'd like to see the xml.log, Database.log, and Lua.log during one of these crashing games. Some of the possible crash causes won't give any kind of error in these files, but quite a few would, especially anything involving conflicts with other mods/DLCs. These'll at least tell me if there

Also, just to make sure: you're using a PC version of the game (not Mac), updated to the latest version on Steam?

Finally, when you say you've got the latest version of AoM, you mean the Base mod (Ages of Man - Base) and not the Mythology mod (Ages of Man - Age of Mythology)?

Just ran a steam validation of the game files (fogot to give that a go earlier) ran fine straight away so it seems that it was my game that was causing a problem.

Also fogot from my gameplay earlier in the year don't think I reported it in the end :rolleyes: Basically with the new ship that was a battleship combined with carrier unit if needle jets were on board and the ship attacks or is attacked the game will crash if they arn't on board then no problems at all not sure if you were aware of it guessing someone might of reported it by now.

Downloaded your mods a few days ago and I have run into a few problems. I am using Age of Empires (v.1.03), Age of Mythology (v 0.13), and AoM Base (v.1.10)

First I tried playing with the above mods and 9 others and everything seemed to work except when engaging in combat. Everything froze as Revollt described except that instead of lasting 4-6 seconds the game froze for just over 1 minute for each combat instance. I noticed that in the advanced options when setting up a game there is no option for quick combat, so I changed the config.ini file to enable quick combat. This worked in that combat animations stopped, but the time for each combat instance remained at just over 1 minute (I actually timed this with a stop watch). One of the mods that I was using is InfoAddict (v.16) but this did not appear to cause any problems.

I then removed several of the mods that I thought could be causing a problem based on what I read in this thread leaving just the following: Not Another City State Mod (v.11), Cultural Diffusion (v.6), unlimited barbarian XP (v.1) Atlantis civ and map (v.2) perfect world 3 (v.4). I also turned my graphics settings down. With these changes combat returned to a normal pace, but the first time I was able to select a minor god the screen froze (the game crashed) as others have described. This happened two out of two attempts with these settings. Also when loading a game I lost all my favor points. This did not happen when I had more mods on.

Finally I removed all mods except for Age of Empires (v.1.03), Age of Mythology (v 0.13), and AoM Base (v.1.10). Combat was fast at the beginning but now I am around turn 175 and combat seems to be taking longer, like around 3 or 4 seconds. Also, I have no problems with losing favor when loading. I am not sure if this is normal or not, but myself and every civ that I have met (around 6 or 7) has a treasury of 0 gold and we are all losing gold per turn ranging from 6 to 47 per turn for each civ. I was able to amass several hundred gold early on, so I kept a positive treasury for about 50 turns longer than many of the other civs, yet they seem to be keeping up with me technology wise so this seems really odd. I know they are not signing research agreements.

I downloaded the Ages of Man - Player Pack and dropped it into my MODS folder but I do not see your maps when I look at the map options.

Anyways I really like your mods and am looking forward to seeing your completed effort. Like everyone else I am really missing InfoAddict and several other of my favorite mods. If I test your mods with other mods and see which ones seem to be compatible I will post what I find.

not sure if you were aware of it guessing someone might of reported it by now.

Yes, someone had reported it; it's most likely an animation issue, since the placeholder unit (in this case, the battleship) doesn't have all of the action animations needed to act as a carrier. Basically, the only thing I can do about it is try to get the custom model for the Leviathan done as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I'm still having lots of problems with unit model creation, so I'm not sure this'll be done soon.

I noticed that in the advanced options when setting up a game there is no option for quick combat, so I changed the config.ini file to enable quick combat.

The reason there's no option for Quick Combat is that these mods are not compatible with Quick Combat, so I hid that option from the setup screen. They're also not compatible with Strategic View, but since that one is toggled in-game it's a lot harder to stop. At the very top of the Files thread is a short list of known incompatibilities, and Quick Combat is second on that list. The reason is that nearly all of my custom unit abilities, the Battle Favor in the Mythology mod, the nuke interception system, etc. all require RunCombatSim or EndCombatSim event triggers, and those won't function if you've got Quick Combat turned on. So a lot of things will be breaking if you try to override this setting; most of the breaks will be nonfatal, but it's easily possible that one of them is causing all of your issues. If Firaxis ever gives us a true GameEvent for the start and/or end of combat then I'll be able to remove this limitation, but until then, you have to leave it on.

I downloaded the Ages of Man - Player Pack and dropped it into my MODS folder but I do not see your maps when I look at the map options.

That's because it's supposed to be placed in the Maps directory, not the MODS directory. (In the "Installation" part of the post at the top of the Files thread, it explains this a bit better.)

game wouldn't continue when i had to select a hero (argos) i kept clicking on select but no matter which one i chose the game would not continue after that just kept clicking and clicking but would not continue. i have all the age mods active except Ascension .

Yes, the Argos event for some reason is doing that. It SHOULD be working fine; I'd tested it before I implemented it. But along the way something broke, so I'm going to have to go back and rework it.

I'm in the middle of adding/testing the remaining High Events, so a new version should be out within the week, but I want to verify each one by hand to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

sounds good also if i try to load a saved game using the Ascension mod starting at the nuclear era...it crashes the game

game also crashes to desktop with no warnings or errors with 6 or more players it will just crash at random with no warning.

dunno if this is a bug prob is i was playing today and i attacked an infantry unit in the red with a helicopter it said major victory BUT it managed to take down the copter and it did it twice with 2 copters...that's IMPOSSIBLE!! also it said my modern armor units would also fail against his infantry units. there were alone with no general just sitting on a hill no way are they stronger than a modern armor and a copter!! either the ai is a cheating bastard or some sort of bug was registering the units as something else stronger than mine this is using the all the mods with Ascension except mythology.

BUT it managed to take down the copter and it did it twice with 2 copters...that's IMPOSSIBLE!!

No, it's just highly improbable.

First, of all, never trust that "major victory" estimate. It's a very crude estimate the game makes, but there are a lot of factors that don't go into its calculation. Generally, what happens is that the game knows that your unit will take 4-8 damage during the fight, with an average of 6, and so that estimate is based on the assumption of 6 damage being dealt. If your unit goes in with 7 hit points, then it'll say that you'll win, but there's actually a very good chance your unit will die in the process. In the early eras, when units are pretty evenly matched, it's not too bad, but once you get into the later eras where units have very unbalanced strengths and lots of stacked promotion/terrain bonuses, it gets very flaky.

Second, quite a few of the more advanced abilities in my mods aren't taken into account in that preview. Things like Damage Reduction (take 1 less damage in each fight, which is on the Battleship and most future tanks), Synthesis (the Doppelganger ability), and the Psi ability can all produce results significantly different than what that estimate says. If this was happening before the future eras then these obviously don't apply, but it means that once you get into that future content you have to stop relying on that window.

also it said my modern armor units would also fail against his infantry units. there were alone with no general just sitting on a hill no way are they stronger than a modern armor and a copter!!

What exactly did it list for bonuses in the combat preview? Between Defensive Advantage (from the Magna Carta), Home Field Advantage, the Hill bonus, any Rough promotions, any Forests, etc. it's EASILY possible for even a 32-strength Infantry to outgun a 45-strength Helicopter Gunship, assuming both are at full strength going in. A 70-strength Modern Armor's a bit harder to believe, but you can easily have a Mechanized Infantry (base of 42) that's able to beat one of them in a straight fight.

So the next time you see this, take a screenshot and check the combat preview window carefully. Write down how many percentages it's getting from each type of bonus; that'll help figure out whether it's a legitimate issue, or if you just got really unlucky and attacked a unit with three Rough promotions sitting in a forest on a hill.

Now, I HAVE seen a bug that pops up from time to time, where it'll give really screwy bonus percentages for some units. That is, it'll say that a 70-strength unit has an effective combat rating of 400 or something, which'll give absolutely ridiculous estimates. But, this was only a UI issue, and did NOT affect the actual outcomes of the combats.

but that's just it the infantry wasn't at full strength the bar was red and had like 1 bar 1 hp? the infantry animation only had 1 man left.

Hi guys, I just installed all 4 mod but after 2 or 3 tuns i have a crash of the game.

What kind of info can i give you to resolve the problem ?

I downloaded the last version available of all mod

Thanks

Deleting Mithology mod all seems to work fine, i will just udate you.
In any case mithology mod it seems a great mod.

Reading this:
The Mythology and Ascension mods are unfortunately not compatible at present.

I found the problem

I found the problem

Yes. Unfortunately, the two just can't work together. The ONLY actual incompatibility between the two is in promotions; the game can only handle 200 promotions at one time. The vanilla game, plus any DLCs, already has up to 153; my base mod removes 7 of these and adds 20, bringing the total to 166. Mythology adds another 34, while Ascension adds 21; at the moment, Empires doesn't add any. So as you can see, there's just no way to use both of these without going 21 over the limit. What happens, then, is that if you're over the limit, whichever promotions have IDs of 201 or higher are automatically given to every new unit. Exactly which promotions have those IDs will depend on the order the mods load in, but combining 21+ strange effects is practically guaranteed to crash something, to say nothing of the UI issues trying to display 21 extra promotion icons in the unit panel.

My main hope for this is that when the expansion comes out, they'll need to add quite a few new promotions to deal with the new content. And if they do that, then they'll either remove or at least seriously raise that cap. At the very least this'd remove the incompatibility, and hopefully also give me enough room to add new promotions for Empires AND change some existing effects into promotions. For instance, the Rebirth ability (used by the Phoenix, Avatar, and Utnapishtim) really needs to be a promotion, but at the moment I check for those unit types explicitly instead.

Now, that being said, using both in the same game really isn't as awesome as it sounds. While my eventual goal is to allow you to do exactly that, the fact is that the Mythology mod stretches out the early eras to the point where it'll be extremely unlikely that the game would still be competitive by the time you reach the space race. So realistically, you're already going to only experience one or the other in most games.

was playing tonight and 1 of my leviathan ships with a few stealth bombers on board attacked an isle of the deep barbarian and the game crashed.

was playing tonight and 1 of my leviathan ships with a few stealth bombers on board attacked an isle of the deep barbarian and the game crashed.

Yes, others reported that a while back. It's animation-related; the Leviathan is using the Battleship as a placeholder, and battleships aren't meant to carry aircraft and so don't handle the animation well. I'm trying to see if this will go away once I add a new Leviathan model, but I might have to swap it to a Carrier model temporarily since my two choices for the Leviathan model both had issues. I'll try that tonight.

Hi Spatz, just wanted to say thanks again for all these mods and the time and effort you put into them. They are the only mods I play on Civ 5. :)

I just wanted to report a bug that I noticed was first brought up in late January but I didn't know if you had more collaboration on it. Upon reloading my game I too receive all bonus resources again. In particular, it re adds all the bonus resources from the stock exchange, energy banks, etc. and it let's me keep them from that point on. Needless to say that after a few reloads I am rather flush with resources.

I had taken a few months away from Civ 5, but I downloaded your most recent Mods just a few days ago to ensure I had the most up-to-date ones (however I have experienced this problem in earlier Mods too). I am currently playing with the Base, Age of Empires, and Age of Ascension Mods.

EDIT: This seems to be inconsistent. While it did it for every load of mine yesterday, I can't get it to repeat consistently today.

Top Bottom